Building My New Watch Repair Workshop.

Mark

Amazing job Mark, real nice working place,...time to stuff the place with watches, tools and the works...no more tidiness!  :D

Cheers,

Bob

No bob, I plan to keep it tidy.....

... for about five minutes :)

So we've seen your workbench area Mark, what you doing with the remainder of the space in there?

Partially for my desk and computer. The other part is for more benches for my lathe, dirty work (soldering etc.) and equipment. And I have a small annex room for the polishing and ultrasonic machines and storage.

• Like 1

Mark makes a really good point here. I have a really small workshop & contamination after working on my lathe is a real problem. A complete separate section of the workshop is essential. I have to cover my work bench with a dust sheet before the lathe,drilling,filing etc. procedures as that **BLEEP** swarf gets everywhere.

Edited by clockboy

• 2 weeks later...

What a cracking job you have done Mark, working should be a pleasure. I would also thank you on behalf of the members for your kind words regarding their input to the forum. :)

Ditto. Well done Mark. As you mentioned in the video, if you want to find something out - look on the web.

Really enjoyed the tour of your workshop Mark, well done, looking great thus far!  Funny you should mention the radio being an important factor in your working day, I suffer from tinnitus, and have recently started to listen to the radio through my iMac which really does help work, and reduce me from hearing the ringing in my ears.

Fantastic video! It's really cool to see the inside of a working shop. I've been working up my nerve to approach a local watchmaker and beg for a tour. This is the next best thing.

All those tools...why isn't there a "drool" emoticon? And there's that Cousin's LED lamp again.

Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

Cracking workshop Mark. You have created a really functional work area. Have you ever calculated how much you have spent on your equipment. At a guess I would say you have at least 20k. 

I have no idea to be honest. But I do know it never ends :)

Ditto. Well done Mark. As you mentioned in the video, if you want to find something out - look on the web.

Very true!

Really enjoyed the tour of your workshop Mark, well done, looking great thus far!  Funny you should mention the radio being an important factor in your working day, I suffer from tinnitus, and have recently started to listen to the radio through my iMac which really does help work, and reduce me from hearing the ringing in my ears.

I have mild tinnitus, but it seems extremely loud at night sometimes, I found this app for my iPad which just plays for the amount of time you specify a particular sound you choose. It is a real big help and gets me to sleep most of the time.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.