A Track From My Old Band The Roadrunners

I was going through my iTunes Library this afternoon and came across an album of songs recorded by The Roadrunners, a band I was in from the mid-1990s until around 2007 or so. So, with your indulgence, here's a track from it - "The Dark End Of The Street"....

05 The Dark End Of The Street.mp3

post-64-0-09562600-1403890457.gif

Edited by WillFly

• 3 weeks later...

On my own looking through the posts sucking on a San Miguel and had a listen. Thoroughly enjoyed the track which took me back to the old days and left me pondering on Blues from Laurel Canyon and how long it has been since I had listened to nice slow easy listening music. Still got my Fuzz Face and Watkins Copycat Echo Chamber somewhere in the attic. Used to play the CIU clubs in my youth, god knows how I survived that.

Time for another Miggie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah - the Working Men's clubs - the Trades & Labour clubs - the Con Clubs, the British Legions, the factory Social Clubs... that was a life, that was - of sorts! We saw life in those days...

I don't do those places any more. Just some nice jazz and blues gigs in local pubs and folk clubs - and the regular function work (weddings and birthday parties) with the ceilidh band. :jig:

Will, is that The Roadrunners from Liverpool? Check out this quote: ' "Bill Harry, editor of Mersey Beat, recollects that George Harrison once said that "The Stones are good - almost as good as the Roadrunners" ' In any case, thank you for the good music and some related memories that came to mind about the good old times!

No - we were (and my mates still are) a band with the same name from Brighton. We called ourselves "The Roadrunners" after the Junior Walker track of that name - which we used to play.

Edited by WillFly

£35 - almost exactly what we used to get in the rock'n roll trio I was in! When I first started playing in a band (a jug band) in a Bayswater pub in the '60s, we used to get £2 each and a free pint!

By gum, them were't days... :money:

One of my favourite songs!

Am I right in thinking that Van Morrisons Bright side of the road was a response to Dark end of the street?

Do you know - I'd never thought of that - must investigate...

Really glad I joined this forum - people often tell me I'm crackers but now I can refer them to the Lounge discussions forum to show there are others out there (:-)).

Well I am off to Solihull for the Fair tomorrow, so I will have to be brave because you know what they say!

Vic