Thanks for having me

chrislambo

Hello all, appreciate being here and i hope i can learn what i consider to be both a mystifying and intriguing line of work. I'm 36 and i'm looking to start a new career from scratch as a a repairs/horology professional and hoping to meet like minded people here. I watched Mark's vids on youtube which i really enjoy as he is such a gent and really professional. 

• Like 1

Greetings!

If you are serious about being a professional, you should look into and consider one of the watchmaking schools. It is very difficult to learn all of the necessary skills through self-study. Especially micro-machining and some of the hand tool techniques (filling) that are required.

Good luck! 

Chris,

I don,t know what level your at or how fast you would like to change career, but before you start spending hard earned on this, get a few non running scrappers from fleabay, some basic tools & see how & if you can get them up & running again. There is plenty of help here & it doesn't cost anything. In other words try before you buy.

• Like 1