Built like a tank....

Tmuir

For a tank, a Russian one.

I know this model of clock was used in Russian Tanks, the T-34 being the most well known one.

There is no guarantee that my clock was even in a tank, but it certainly looks like it should be.

I'm guessing it will be 3 or 4 weeks before it arrives but it will certainly be something different to work on, a bit like a giant pocket watch at a guess. I'll post some photos once it arrives. This is my early birthday present as unlike my search for an Omega watch this was within my price rang.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/122284142843?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks, I look forward to the photos.
 I try to make every clock I service different to my previous ones to try and expand my knowledge base and this clock is as different as they come to all the other clocks I've serviced, well within my price range and skill level anyhow.

tmuir;   found mine,  looks  similar, BUT was sold , by russ in a plastic desk top clock mount.  the transparent case back has these #'s; 3309-51 plus serilic text.    the hands may be radioactive - don't  worry,  ill take readings on mine.  the pix. is in another watch forum.  ill try again to add it to the gallery.  cheers    vinn