Poljot 3133 chronograph

GeorgeClarkson

Wow, that's a nice one.  Hopefully that hairspring will straighten up nicely and get the piece up an running again.

I don't think it's a redial although I must admit I'm not an expert on Soviet pieces.  The quality appears to be about equal to what I have seen in pictures of other Sturmanskies.  It looks about right for it's age.

Very nice pickup.  :thumbsu:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyMoeller said:

Wow, that's a nice one.  Hopefully that hairspring will straighten up nicely and get the piece up an running again.

I don't think it's a redial although I must admit I'm not an expert on Soviet pieces.  The quality appears to be about equal to what I have seen in pictures of other Sturmanskies.  It looks about right for it's age.

Very nice pickup.  :thumbsu:

Hope you are right....

6 hours ago, GeorgeClarkson said:

This is also my line of thought. I analyzed the pictures of the seller, and it does appear to be exactly like you wrote. Hope we are not both wrong on this, which seems a pretty easy fix to be honest.

To be honest even if the H/S is distorted beyond rescue (which I doubt is the case) it would be far from disastrous as it would appear that replacement could be relatively inexpensive if the link below is representative.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3133-BALANCE-WHEEL-spring-spare-part-for-chronograph-POLJOT-OKEAN-SHTURMANSKIE-/282305942559?hash=item41babed41f:g:EBEAAOSwNRdX2sEY

• Like 2

And today I received the Sturmanskie... As we thought, the hairspring is pretty badly bent, blocking the balance wheel. The movement was fully wound so I had son difficulty in letting the power loose, since the case is so dirty I am amazed I didn't find micropigs bathing in the lurky oil traces...

IMG_20170107_144318862.jpg

IMG_20170107_144329822.jpg

The hairspring is be t on the locking pin and throughout the first curve in an unnatural way, sign that someone has tried to adjust the balance wheel but did it in a very clumsy way. I will have to see if I can still fix it.

Another thing I noticed, someone LSO put shims under the balance cock. You can barely see them but they are there. His is also why the screw stands a bit proud: the shims are not correctly placed so the screw touches them. Will have to figure out how to solve this...

IMG_20170107_144343751.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here some sellers pictures of my newly acquired "baby". It's a 1992 Poljot "Sport" with a SU 3133 movement. It's made just before the disintegration of the Soviet Union and still has "Made in USSR" printed on the dial. Shortly after the disintegration, the print was changed to "Made in Russia".

It should be posted today ............ :jig:

Poljot Sport 3133:1981639-1.jpegPoljot Sport 3133:1981639-3.jpegPoljot Sport 3133:1981639-9.jpegPoljot Sport 3133:1981639-8.jpeg

Needless to say, I can't wait !!

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 2

@Watchtime I bought it like that. The pictures are taken by the seller and the watch is currently in transit. I must admit that the movement looks in an amazing shape, for being 25 years old. Studying the pictures, I haven't discovered any irregularities so I hope it is not one of those: "if it is too good to be true, it probably is". If you look on the very informative website: http://www.polmax3133.com/ , on the right-hand side "1992 - 1H", then under "Sport" you see the watch depicted. If you click on "Nuclear", the author makes a remark about how pristine the movement looks, a movement of the same time period.......... so perhaps I'm lucky?

Not knowing the watch history, I go from the assumption that it needs a service. I hope to see the watch in reality by the end of this week / begin next week.........

• Like 2

Good luck with the Poljot - it looks very good. I had a Sturmanskie 3133 a year or two ago. It was a nice watch but the chrono mechanism was getting very sticky and the movement looked a little rough here and there, so I sold it on. Made what I paid for it, so no problem there.

The 3133 is a nice movement.

• Like 1

@WillFly Thanks a lot ;) I looked at Sturmanskies, but in a way I wanted to get a bit away from the "military"-style. I succeeded partly with this "Sport" issue, but (I think) it has a Sturmanskie case. A bit of both worlds :) 

I'll post some pictures upon reception (first a test on the Watch-o-Scope) and perhaps later the servicing. Obviously forum member George Clarkson has done already some outstanding 3133 walk-through work.

But first my beaten up Landeron 48, which I hope to receive today. Lets call it "A nice Starter" :)

Landeron 48:2-1.jpeg

• Like 1

So yesterday I set myself up in checking the third Poljot 3133 I had received, this one only for the spare operating lever 8140 and spring 8335 that I needed for the Admiral watch.. And apart the fact the balance wheel assembly is completely missing, there are some other issues as well.... Check the pic... That is the minute runner wheel. Rust ate away the upper part that goes through the dial and onto which you should fix the minute runner hand.

IMG_20170123_170302178.jpg

IMG_20170123_170233703.jpg

And the  fourth Poljot 3133 "Civil" arrived today, badly packaged inside a simple bubble envelope, bit still intact. Ironically, it sports a Seiko brown leather band.... Anyways it works fine and keeps excellent time from what I could see. No need to service this one, prolly only a light polish on the glass. Here it is side by side with the bigger brother, the Sturmanskie:

IMG_20170130_132053706.jpg

• Like 1