Poljot 3133 chronograph

GeorgeClarkson

Maybe its me, bit I haven't seen poljot chronographs posted in this forum. Is there a reason for this? I have a near NOS and just got me for X-mas from Russia another one to restore... The Poljot 3133 is the 'copy' of the Valjoux 7734 movement, actually built with the machines Valjoux sold to Russia, a bit improved in some aspects, but rougher finishing. Any Poljot lovers out there?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GeorgeClarkson said:

Maybe its me, bit I haven't seen poljot chronographs posted in this forum. Is there a reason for this? I have a near NOS and just got me for X-mas from Russia another one to restore... The Poljot 3133 is the 'copy' of the Valjoux 7734 movement, actually built with the machines Valjoux sold to Russia, a bit improved in some aspects, but rougher finishing. Any Poljot lovers out there?

I like those Poljots too and am hoping to add one to my collection soon.  I've had my eye out for a Zeppelin LZ 127, which isn't actually a Poljot but uses the 3133 movement.

hrs_zeppelin3.jpg

Interestingly, I believe the 3133 is a derivative of the Valjoux 7734 which traces it's roots back to the Venus 188.

• Like 1

@Geo actually the parts are no problem, since here in Germany there is plenty of. The real problem is getting them at fair prices... but that's another story altogether.

@RyMoeller:  That is a very nice watch! Yes it uses the 3133 movement from Poljot which as I said in my opening post was built using the designs and machines from Valjoux, which the russians bought from the Swiss manufacturer. They did improve the design a bit, but the overall finish is rougher.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 3:12 AM, RyMoeller said:

I've had my eye out for a Zeppelin LZ 127, which isn't actually a Poljot but uses the 3133 movement.

hrs_zeppelin3.jpg

you had to go and show a zeppelin. man! i love their designs. i keep looking at these on a regular basis. it's on my (ever growing) list. i didn't know who's movement was used in this watch.

• Like 1

ops, I did it again.....

I just won another Poljot 3133, a Sturmanskie at that... and also this one is not working... Guess I will have plenty of work to do!

I am getting the fix on these...

Pictures from the seller are pretty good and the condition is, apparently, pretty good, judging from them. I only hope the problem is easy to resolve...

poljot_3133_sturmanskie_2.jpg

poljot_3133_sturmanskie_4.jpg

poljot_3133_sturmanskie_1.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Looks good... except for the hairspring that looks a little bit bent out of shape.

Yes you are right, and this is not the only issue apparently. I also noticed that the dial looks "strange"... Hope I can find pictures of an original, untouched Sturmanskie to compare.

• Like 1

According to some research I made and forum posts I found on watchuseek, there should be nothing bad about the dial nor the entire watch I bought. Actually, it appears to be one of the earliest models, from the first half of the 80s. On watchuseek.com I found the graph below. The Sturmanskie black and white logo, like the one I got, is no.7

I also attached another image of an identical watch, also found on the same thread over at watchuseek.com

80sDials.jpg

mid_80s.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at that balance bridge screw, I don't think you will have been the first one to have been under the bridge before, it seems a bit proud but I have never worked on one of these and maybe it's meant to look like that.
Cheers, Vic

9 hours ago, Geo said:

Is that a hacking lever sitting on the top edge of the balance wheel?  If it is, no wonder it's not running.

Don't think that's a hacking lever, looks more like the rather badly deformed terminal curve of the H/S between the stud and the regulator.

Quite common damage when someone who doesn't know what they are doing plays with the regulator, moves it all the way to the fastest position so that the regulator goes beyond the dogleg to the terminal curve, then moves it back again. The dogleg gets jammed between the regulator pins ans as a result, it gets dragged round causing the H/S to buckle out between the regulator and the stud, pulling the rest of the H/S out of true and stopping the watch.

Provided it's not been too badly b*ggered it's a relatively easy fix and the watch is back to running condition.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vich said:

Looking at that balance bridge screw, I don't think you will have been the first one to have been under the bridge before, it seems a bit proud but I have never worked on one of these and maybe it's meant to look like that.
Cheers, Vic

It does look a bit proud to me too, Vich. These pictures are the sellers, I still did not receive the watch myself, so please wait till I update this post with my findings.

4 hours ago, Marc said:

Don't think that's a hacking lever, looks more like the rather badly deformed terminal curve of the H/S between the stud and the regulator.

Quite common damage when someone who doesn't know what they are doing plays with the regulator, moves it all the way to the fastest position so that the regulator goes beyond the dogleg to the terminal curve, then moves it back again. The dogleg gets jammed between the regulator pins ans as a result, it gets dragged round causing the H/S to buckle out between the regulator and the stud, pulling the rest of the H/S out of true and stopping the watch.

Provided it's not been too badly b*ggered it's a relatively easy fix and the watch is back to running condition.

This is also my line of thought. I analyzed the pictures of the seller, and it does appear to be exactly like you wrote. Hope we are not both wrong on this, which seems a pretty easy fix to be honest.

As I mentioned in one of my replies, there are other issues to this watch, apart the bet HS or just the need for a nice clean and service.

Check the picture here enclosed. Is it me, or this looks like a bad redial? If so, apparently I must be more careful with my purchases, since this would be the second time....

Clearly from the pictures attached, the seconds and minutes markers ring is offset in relation to the hour markers...

poljot_3133_sturmanskie_12.jpg

poljot_3133_sturmanskie_11.jpg