Source For A .18Mm Small Second Hand Please

I bought a non running 1940s "Services" trench style watch at a flea fair for £5.

As I am very much a novice and there isn't a high value on this watch I thought I would try and put a quartz movement in it.

I have found a Ronda 1069 which would seem to fit but it requires a .18mm small second hand.

From what I can tell Cousins sell them at .17 and .20mm.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks for looking,

Bern

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Was just looking through and saw your post. If you haven't found a second hand yet and are still looking I just checked and found that esslinger.com does have .18mm size small second hand in various lengths.  

Charles K

Hi Bern, I didn't see this post until today. It is an old one but I'd like to give you some input too. I agree with Charles K and also add ofrei.com as an additional source.

Alternatively, you can get the .17 and try to re-fit it into a .18 by enlarging the hole. Also, check on the possibility of using a big second hand witht he right measurements and trim it to size.

Robert

Charles & Robert,

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I bought a couple from Oferi.com as I have used them for components to build a 28.5mm watch from scratch and find their site fairly easy to navigate around.

Cheers,

Bern