How do I remove crown/stem from Timex Expedition?

boblalux

Apparently, like this.............

Only problem is now,  the pin  doesn't seem to budge - I've tried both pressing it down vertically, and in various directions horizontally, while pulling on the crown/stem!  No go!

Temp.jpg

Edited by boblalux

No, that's not going to work. I'm not sure about this, but right above the arrow it looks like the stem goes through a piece of flat spring like steel. that piece may act like a "yoke" on the stem, you might try very gently moving it up and see if the stem will slide through.

Just a guess.

Your welcome.  I have 2 other Timex Expedition watches, but I don't know whether they have the same type of movement (Timex TIM M905).  Next time I change their batteries, I will have a look.  I don't want to open the backs too often as they (as many cheaper watches) have press-on backs, and it is virtually impossible to remove/replace without a minimum of damage. Greetings.

Bob

• 2 years later...

Thank you guys this helped me a lot! I accidentally dropped my beloved Timex Expedition, and the back cap flew away after the watch hit the floor. I had a tough time putting the cap back only to notice that the crown wouldn't adjust the time anymore. So I took it apart to see what was going on but I never would've guessed how to remove the crown for myself. After placing the crown back I was able to adjust the time again, but not the date though. I don't check the date on my watch that often anyway so... 

Anyway I'm glad I found this post.

Thanks guys!

• 1 year later...