Accidents Happen

I think you may see the funny side of this, After several hours of dismantling and hand cleaning every part,plus making notes of what went where today was the day to start putting it all back together, I got everything in place and picked up the cannon pinion with my tweezers and ping! It went flying across the kitchen floor never to be seen again, despite me and my wife crawling around on our hands and knees for half an hour with uv torches we had no luck so it's back to the drawing board and that will be a lesson learnt for next time.

Those suckers can bounce all over the place. 

Definitely get yourself a nice magnet or magnetic knife holder. I use a telescopic kind so I don't even need to bend over when something goes ping! That said - you have joined the club, we have all spent many an hour on our hands and knees in this trade.

they sell magnetic sheets in stationery shops, usually about a foot square.

They don't make magenets for jewels though!!

I lost a cap jewel and spent a fruitless half hour on my knees, gave up and called it a night, while brushing my teeth I noticed a speck below my left eye..... Yep , there it was...!@

Anil