Zenith Batty Manchester? What does it mean?

Hi Everyone,

I found an old zentih gentlemen's watch with the words Batty Manchester on the clock face, located near 6. I can't seem to find anything on the internet that could shed more light.

Does anyone know what it means? Is it the model name or source of manufacturing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Jesse

As Geo says it's the name of the Jewellers in Manchester William Batty and Sons est 1829 and closed in 1950 also had a shop in Liverpool. It was very common practice for jewellers to buy in clock's and watches and add there own name to the dial, or in the case of watches both dial and movement. I have a few Elliot clocks with various jewellers names on the dial

Hi Everyone,

I found an old zentih gentlemen's watch with the words Batty Manchester on the clock face, located near 6. I can't seem to find anything on the internet that could shed more light.

Why not adding a couple pictures including the mov.t, for others to make educated guesses and enrich the thread.

Another example of a Batty Zenith,

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/sheffield-auction-gallery/catalogue-id-srsh10066/lot-e8903483-e7d9-427e-a876-a49800eb4a94

It was common practice one day you may be lucky enough to find a Prestons of bolton, they where another manchester area jewellers, who where main agents for Patek Phillipe some of there private label watches where marked simply Prestons on the dial but where in fact rebranded Pateks,

https://auctionata.com/en-us/o/29636/prestons-of-bolton-watch-uk-1930s

I have seen a number of these turn up over the years.

Wayne