A Few Citizen Divers......

I'd like to share a few of my Citizen Divers with you.....

First up on the left is what else , but a Citizen "Lefty ".  Next is a 150m 51-2273,... I actually have 2 of these . I wear this one , and have a more pristine one put away . I like the high crown guards on these . 

Third and far right are two identical Aqualand Divers . Both work great and the one with the SS bracelet actually had a newer movement installed by my Amigo from the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum that goes by the user name of "Longbiker" . He is also a resident here in Hawaii .

DSC00005.JPG

Below on the left is the same Aqualand as above , but with new batteries installed . 

In the middle is an Eco-Drive model nicknamed "ORCA" . I had been on the lookout for this watch for a while and lost a bid on the first one I saw come up . After a while this one came up and I made sure I got it . Being titanium , this watch is like a feather on the wrist . 

Last is another Eco-Drive that I picked up at a collectors show here in Honolulu . Like the Aqualands , it has a depth sensor and alarm . I bought 3 watches from the seller so he gave me a discount for this diver and I picked it up for $100 .

I later traded this watch to Longbiker for several Seiko Tech manuals . I got 2 Seiko binders , a Seiko Technical Guide and a Seiko Watch Parts Catalogue for 60's and 70's calibers .

Also 2 manuals of Seiko Watch Parts Interchangeability List . 1 is dated 1968 , and the other is dated 1972 . These two have proved to be handy references in finding interchangeable parts between calibers .

DSC00018.JPG

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dadistic said:

I used to get you and Longbike mixed up, you are both Louis from Hawaii, right? 

Yes Sir ,

It's funny , but I never noticed the connection .  We have the same name and both have motorcycles in our Avatar .

I'm the good looking one .

Edited by ricardopalamino
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2016 at 4:22 AM, ricardopalamino said:

I'd like to share a few of my Citizen Divers with you.....

First up on the left is what else , but a Citizen "Lefty ".  Next is a 150m 51-2273,... I actually have 2 of these . I wear this one , and have a more pristine one put away . I like the high crown guards on these . 

Third and far right are two identical Aqualand Divers . Both work great and the one with the SS bracelet actually had a newer movement installed by my Amigo from the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum that goes by the user name of "Longbiker" . He is also a resident here in Hawaii .

DSC00005.JPG

Below on the left is the same Aqualand as above , but with new batteries installed . 

In the middle is an Eco-Drive model nicknamed "ORCA" . I had been on the lookout for this watch for a while and lost a bid on the first one I saw come up . After a while this one came up and I made sure I got it . Being titanium , this watch is like a feather on the wrist . 

Last is another Eco-Drive that I picked up at a collectors show here in Honolulu . Like the Aqualands , it has a depth sensor and alarm . I bought 3 watches from the seller so he gave me a discount for this diver and I picked it up for $100 .

I later traded this watch to Longbiker for several Seiko Tech manuals . I got 2 Seiko binders , a Seiko Technical Guide and a Seiko Watch Parts Catalogue for 60's and 70's calibers .

Also 2 manuals of Seiko Watch Parts Interchangeability List . 1 is dated 1968 , and the other is dated 1972 . These two have proved to be handy references in finding interchangeable parts between calibers .

DSC00018.JPG

Ricardo, I got this watch in a lot a while ago and when I saw your post, it prompted me to ask if you could tell me anything about it? I think it is some kind of altimeter or something. It has a side-sensor just like the watches you've listed, but does not appear to be a dive watch. I figured out what kind of battery it takes but I don't have the back, so have not been able to test or get running. The hands do set properly, and the pushers are OK. Any info would be appreciated!

Regards,

JC

DSCN4911.JPG

DSCN4912.JPG

DSCN4913.JPG

Edited by noirrac1j

Howzit  Joe . AKA noirrac1j ...

I have never come across this watch but I have seen altimeter watches that are put out by Casio . You are probably correct in thinking the sensor is for the altimeter . The shape is almost exactly like my Aqualand diver . The model # for my Aqualand is C023 .

I got curious about your watch so I went to Citizen .com , support , and saw that the tech sheet for my watch was still listed . So since your watch is so similar , I started going down the list of the watches whose models started with "C" , to see if I could get lucky and maybe find your watch  . All of the watches were divers until I got to C040 , which is an altimeter watch similar to yours ........ http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/support/setting-instructions/

I don't know if this particular model is what you have , but I stopped when I got to this Number so I could tell you what I found and you can go to the Citizen website and do some searching .

BTW ,  a tiny spring may go into the hole with the brass ring on the back of you watch , but I don't think it is necessary for the watch to work . If you find the tech sheet you can check .

BTW #2 , my case back has 6 screws .

My friend , Longbiker [ also Louis ] , posts on the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum...SCWF...and he has become the Aqualand guru . He has about a million Aqualands and I know he has parts for them . I believe another member there ,..I think his username is Nello , or the Nello , is also an Aqualand guy that has about 2 million Aqualands . Go to the site and and do a search for "Aqualand " and see what pops up .

If you message Longbiker , tell him that his Cuz' said Aloha . Post back here on your progress . Good Luck .

Louis

Edited by ricardopalamino

2 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Ricardo, I got this watch in a lot a while ago and when I saw your post, it prompted me to ask if you could tell me anything about it? I think it is some kind of altimeter or something. It has a side-sensor just like the watches you've listed, but does not appear to be a dive watch. I figured out what kind of battery it takes but I don't have the back, so have not been able to test or get running. The hands do set properly, and the pushers are OK. Any info would be appreciated!

Regards,

JC

DSCN4911.JPG

DSCN4912.JPG

DSCN4913.JPG

I believe that's a Citizen Aerochron.  Interesting piece.  :)

• Like 1

Hey Louis,

Than you very much for the reply. Wow that is it! I just printed the PDF from the website and C04  seems to be the correct caliber. I am certainly going to check that Seiko/Citizen watch site and contact Longbiker. Of course, I will also send along the salutation. I had forgotten all about the watch, so thank you for posting on you own Aqualands. More to come.

Regards,

Joe

7 minutes ago, RyMoeller said:

I believe that's a Citizen Aerochron.  Interesting piece.  :)

I'd never heard of such a watch...and with this specific intended use. I will have to invest a little time towards trying to bring it back to life, even though such watches are not within my expertise such as it is. Thanks for the info Ry

• 3 weeks later...
Aloha JC , I think Old Swiss Watches may have parts for your watch if you need any . I see the same case shape in the tech sheets .

Email Sudarson and ask him . 

http://oldswisswatches.com/Spares/Citizen_Mechanical_Movements.htm

Haven't heard back from Sudarson. Maybe in holiday....search continues.
J

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Haven't heard back from Sudarson. Maybe in holiday....search continues.
J

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

He must be a busy guy . Sometimes it does take him a while , but he usually does respond . I would give him a couple of days and if no response , send a back up message .

Did you see your model listed on his webpage ?  I have asked for parts I didn't see and he has had them .

13 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

He must be a busy guy . Sometimes it does take him a while , but he usually does respond . I would give him a couple of days and if no response , send a back up message .

Did you see your model listed on his webpage ?  I have asked for parts I didn't see and he has had them .

13 hours ago, ricardopalamino said:

Hey Ricardo,

No I didn't see the  citizen C04 on the website, but I sent him an email anyway. I'll follow up soon with another one. I know this time of year is a little hectic for everyone....

JC