Busy Day!

Looks like the horologising is about to take a back seat for a while. :-( I just ripped out my old kitchen today and will start fitting the new one tomorrow. :-)

Good luck with that. I just ripped out the bathroom in order to tile it, fit a new shower and toilet. Damn mess everywhere. Still - managed to complete my first watch yesterday after my move :P

Good luck with that. I just ripped out the bathroom in order to tile it, fit a new shower and toilet. Damn mess everywhere. Still - managed to complete my first watch yesterday after my move :P

I demand to see the video... :D

Great to here that you are progressing well with your DIY, bathrooms and kitchens are always the tricky bits!

Kitchen update. Moving forward slowly, old houses are nice but a real pain to work on as nothing is square or level. Just had a day of plumbing, hindered by 15mm having to be fitted to old 1/2" imperial with internal instead of external compression olives.

I can never get the hang of olives, can never work out if I should be using the pitted green pimento stuffed ones in brine or the big black ones in oil.

Always end up making a hell of a mess.....

• Like 1

I can never get the hang of olives, can never work out if I should be using the pitted green pimento stuffed ones in brine or the big black ones in oil.

Always end up making a hell of a mess.....

I like the copper and brass ones, but can't stand the green and black ones..........even in pizza! :-)

All this talk of kitchens and tiling and stuff - not to mention the olives - is making me shudder.

Over the years I've built 3 kitchens - the first one complelely from scratch - and innumerable wardrobes. In those days I didn't have an electric screwdriver, so did all the screwing by hand. Then I wondered where the tennis elbow and golfer's elbow came from - and then why I had to have steroid injections...

No more! I don't do kitchens - but I know a man who does!

Did my kitchen and it just about saw me off. Completely gutted it and cut back the walls with a 9 inch angle grinder.zu8umudu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A man with a big tool and wearing protection, the only way to go!

I'm well,on the way with the kitchen now, tomorrow it will at least be operational, no more filling the kettle with the garden hose and cooking on the barbecue.

A man with a big tool and wearing protection, the only way to go!

I'm well,on the way with the kitchen now, tomorrow it will at least be operational, no more filling the kettle with the garden hose and cooking on the barbecue.

:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm not done yet. So many tile cuts!

But good news: I have finally managed to book a plasterer for my new workshop. So next Friday they will start and then I can get on with finishing it off. Oh happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We might be running neck and neck just now Mark, I had my first meal cooked with the new Cooker tonight. All the lower units and appliances are in and working. Tomorrow I'll finish off the wall units then think about fitting all the trim. Oh I so look forward to working on a watch again!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a feeling that it is going to be special - perhaps guided tours with free watch repairing advice and an inspirational video of the dismantling of a genuine clockwork watch, (Accutron 11ANACB would be outstanding) and on departure a free bottle of Moebius oil - ok it would have to be £50.00 a head but oddly enough a lot of us would probably pay !

Ps I used really BIG tiles and got the floor done quite quickly for me - mainly because the adhesive was the flexible fast drying stuff. Don't forget when you knack up a tile you throw it on the floor swear loudly and continuously and stamp your feet, then turn round and find your wife just about rolling on the floor laughing at you - that's the problem with a 62 year old body with a 10 year old brain.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Great stuff George - notice we have the same handles on the units.  Lighting is cool and I notice the space saver heater - that is a boon in the cold snaps it all looks "proper".  Breathe a sigh of relief and sit on the floor at the end opposite the cooker with a fave pint in the left hand and a fave single malt in the right and just relax and be happy for a while - sound job.

Congrats from Vic mate.

Breathe a sigh of relief and sit on the floor at the end opposite the cooker with a fave pint in the left hand and a fave single malt in the right and just relax and be happy for a while - sound job.

Congrats from Vic mate.

Thanks for that Vic, I've already done the sitting thing, but it was with a Drambuie and ice!

Regarding the lights, I ended up getting self adhesive waterproof strip LED and have them operating via a PIR. Excluding the PIR, all the lighting including clips transformer and connectors cost less than £30, I was well pleased with that.