Omega 2500C/ETA 2982.A2 Co-Axial

Paul78

Evening all. 

Would anyone be able to tell me if the ratchet wheel from the Omega 2500c and the ETA 2892.A2 are the same? i've been having a look at cousins and the part for the Omega 2500c seems to be coming up as - Ratchet Wheel, Frederik Piquet 0021 31.020 priced at just over £14.

However the Omega 2500c is based on the ETA 2892.A2 and the ratchet wheel for that is - Ratchet Wheel ( 415 ), ETA 2890 priced at £8.95

Its the Co-axial Movement.

Thanks for any advice.

In this case It's a small difference, I think can it be due that parts prices are somewhat random unless about rare partes, in which cause gouging logic prevails. Beside, Cousins is not supposed to get parts anymore from Omega, so whatever you can still get is a blessing.

Consider instead how Omega and Rolex can happily charge more than 1,000 Euro for service when the same work, to the same standards cost a quarter of that or less from an independent. Now that is going to make a balance sheet difference.

30 minutes ago, jdm said:

In this case It's a small difference, I think can it be due that parts prices are somewhat random unless about rare partes, in which cause gouging logic prevails. Beside, Cousins is not supposed to get parts anymore from Omega, so whatever you can still get is a blessing.

Consider instead how Omega and Rolex can happily charge more than 1,000 Euro for service when the same work, to the same standards cost a quarter of that or less from an independent. Now that is going to make a balance sheet difference.

Yes your right, I'm one of the independents who charge a fraction of their prices, but the big corporations as always trying to push out the little people! I only hope that open source movements take off. I had a customer in the shop today who has a Longines watch. He was telling me that he wished he never bought it, he said that when he bought it, no one mentioned he would need to have it serviced every few years and now with Swatch restricting parts he said he would never buy a Swatch branded watch again. I make sure to tell all of my customers what is happening with Swatch and advise against buying their brands unless they want to have huge bills every time everytime anything goes wrong.

• Like 1