Daveb

My latest addition

Great watches Seiko lots of bang for the buck, Huge but could you wear it all day in comfort, I have a Caesar which I love but after a day wearing it I have a red mark where the crown digs into my wrist.

2 hours ago, wls1971 said:

Great watches Seiko lots of bang for the buck, Huge but could you wear it all day in comfort, I have a Caesar which I love but after a day wearing it I have a red mark where the crown digs into my wrist.

It doesn't dig in at all, but is quite heavy.

2 hours ago, digginstony said:

I don't have a monster but I've thought about it. Observe the crown is at the 3.45 position so cant see why it would dig into the wrist. Assume it has a 7s movement?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Yes it's the good old 7s26, so when it comes to service time maybe I will be confident enough to do it myself.

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Seems a tad large for your wrist size.

I do have small wrists and it is large but looks a lot bigger in the photo, maybe it's the angle. I had to get one I've got a thing about orange, not sure how long I will keep it for though.

I do have small wrists and it is large but looks a lot bigger in the photo, maybe it's the angle. I had to get one I've got a thing about orange, not sure how long I will keep it for though.
Same here, I've quenched the thirst with an SKX017. But they aren't easy to find.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Good to be here, found this place while trying to find out what or where I was going wrong with a Seiko 6119 movement,  just wondering how come i have never seen it before.  I am Francis married with 3  children, all under 10, yes I started late since I am 55 and wifey is 33.  Started off doing pocket watches and somehow now getting into Wristwatches.  Still trying to work that one out. Bought a lot of movements some 10yrs ago and have had them stored away, and now we decided to put down roots, i dragged it all out and now trying to learn more and more as I go along.  Francis Downunder.
    • Today was my 1970s Zodiac Super Seawolf
    • The stem looks like thread worn at top, but might be just the angle of picture. As for the hands not turning, possibly something has slipped on mechanism, like a spring. http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Longines_23ZS might be worth comparing the picture with yours. 
    • hi I'm working on a longines .caliber 23zs. It was not working and i noticed if you moved it the balance would start and the hands revolved until the second hand reached number 5 where it was catching. To cut a long story short i have removed the hands and refitted them and there going fine. But when i went to reset the hands nothing. I pulled he crown out to the position to move the hour and minute hands and there nothing happening. it turns freely but the hands don't.The crown has now come off as well but that screws back on though it seems loose. I have cleaned the stem and examined it to the best of my knowledge and it seems fine. It slides in and out when i release the screw holding it into the movement. I have tried to download docs from cousins but they only show dial diameter.  I have also googled it but there's not a lot out there.Not what i need anyway. I'm just wondering have i missed something obvious that should have been done.. Any advice gratefully accepted. cheers gary
    • if you have a tap and die set,   (and a lathe) just thread a hole in a brass rod and you have the perfect "screw holder".    doe's not work on left handed thread.    vin