Movement identification assistance

nickpeh

Hi, 

I am new to DIY, cleaning or servicing the movement. I took one of the replica brand watch which has a broken hairspring to try, I am unsure of what movement is that and would like to seek the forum experts on this, so I could buy the new hairspring and start to work on the movement as a start to my learning stage.  I hope u guys could assist. 

20161124_222048.jpg

20161124_222204.jpg

2 hours ago, nickpeh said:

I could buy the new hairspring and start to work on the movement as a start to my learning stage.  

No spare parts are available from Chinese mov.t, but you can easily buy complete new ones.

• Like 1

Yes as Cad101 said its an SD6 movement. It has many variations. For example here the two on the right are ST6D (D stands for dame :) )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WRIST-WATCH-WATCHES-MOVEMENTS-ALL-MIX-BRAND-LOT-OF-SIX-PIECES-/232152845886?hash=item360d634e3e:g:k4oAAOSwB09YNbHV

I had once serviced the exact same watch and brand like You :D 

I broke the date wheel moving wheel and bought one ST6D from Spain. The part i needed was the same, and still have the movement base, incl. the complete balance if interested :)

• Like 1

I should ask the taobao seller if they have the hairspring for this movement for sale, maybe they have the interchangeable hair spring assembly. Is there a possibility that I measure the movement size and get a similar one to drop in case?