Gods own country

FrancisH

Yorkshire of course!! although judging by the weather weve been having recently, not so sure

I must admit Im used to fixing stuff far larger as a rule and with wheels, so its been a bit of a challenge (tiny tools and a magnifying lamp) venturing into watch repairs and somewhat accidental and of necessity following a couple of unfortunate happenings at our local ahem "clock mender", following visits in short order by my son and daughter to replace batteries. Issues with first watch were amicably resolved however,the second watch was more problematical and due to its value I didnt have faith in what he was suggesting as remedial action.

im hoping by joining the forum Ill be able to gain advice as to restoring the watch to working order so Ill take some photos and start a relevant thread, many thanks, Francis

Welcome aboard Francis, I too turned to DIY watchmaking because of issues with incompetent clowns.

My advice is watch videos put on you tube by Mark Lovic and others, read a few books on the subject and start practising on cheap watches of the type you intend working on.  Once you have the knowledge, skill and the all important feel regarding watch repairs, start working on your good stuff.