Early Patek ? Help Identify :)

MrBeat

Well folks its been quite a while since ive needed to call upon your help but alas this time i fall short of being able to identify a watch :)

I recently purchased the little beauty below but so far i have not been able to determine what or who made it. The movement has similar layout to certain Patek movements but im not convinced it is a Patek. It is well finished and running but will be serviced as close to good order as i an get it.

What i know.....

Casing is Platinum with 34 set Diamonds and case numbered 30725 / Wolfs/Dogs Head / and unknown marking

Movement is well finished with same number 30725 but no other markings

Does anyone recognise this gem ? Id love to put a name to it or at least know the movement :)

DSC08908.jpgDSC08909.jpgDSC08910.jpg

Any leads appreciated :)

• Like 1

Now i have nearly stripped the movement ( pallet cock screw has come apart :( ) the level of finish is really quite surprising, not perfection but still better than i expected.

Sadly still no signs of it giving up any more info :(

You may have a point there about JLC blank movement, now i just need to see if i can find a similar movement....

Checked and only the number 19 and a partial number under the mainspring bridge plate :(

But i have freed the pallet cock :) so shes in the cleaner now.

The dial design is similar to the below photos and the movement layout is almost identical as the movement below with a few alterations here & there >

wm10730e.jpg3be294ec56322ae527dd23c3a1488d5a.jpgs-l1600.jpg

In my movement i had also a problem with one of the pallet bridge screws, one was to short. I dont know it it was replaced or its like this originally. Mine pallet bridge is exactly the same like on this Patek. Yours is different. The material is german silver for this linked Patek, Yours seem to be brass.

Mine has number "2" stamped in the bottom of all bridges and in the mainplate at the dial side.

http://www.terapeak.com/worth/very-fine-c1920-art-deco-lecoultre-19-1-2-carat-gold-diamond-enamel-ladies-watch/201557788750/

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/122070338371?rmvSB=true

Edited by szbalogh

Yes the movement i have is gilted or plated brass ( the patek i was refering to the movement layout similarity ). It seems strange that someone would go to the trouble of producing such a nice watch and not leave any clue to maker ha ha. Hopefully i can get it working well once more but knowing who made it would have been nice to know, but if its not to be known then what can you do these are just the way things go :) 

So far it looks to be just the mainspring and some screws that need replacing.

Well the movement lives again, new mainspring plus a few alterations and it goes ( not accurately but working nonetheless ). Im still no wiser as to the maker but im still reminded just how skilled they were to create something so well and so small. Although id love the watch to run well the bottom balance pivot is worn and im lucky it runs at all :D

Ive added some photos of the key less works and the matching number >

DSC08942.jpgDSC08944.jpg

Hopefully these may offer further clues to her creator :)