Running fast and sound like a horse galloping!!!

Ok gents apologies for getting back to you all sooner, now away with work so unable to work on this watch for a few days, I love that video it's very informative even if some of the content is maybe a little to advanced for me, anyway, looking at the picture I posted of the balance and watching the video is there anyone out there that would like to hazard a guess or can say with knowledge where abouts in my hairspring should I put the terminal curve? 

Here i am again guys, well I've spent a few hours on this movement now and have got it running again. I have on numerous  occasions whilst working on this unpinned the hairspring and repinned it, especially whilst trying to adjust the beat by turning the collet to get the impulse jewel as close as possible in the centre of the banking pins, it's just about there now so I'm happy as it is.

As for the hairspring, well I've been reshaping it and put a terminal curve on it, now this is the first time I've put a terminal curve in a hairspring. There is no layman advice of where to put the first bend, so I looked at the video and all my other projects and took an educated guess and that was it, well ok I had a couple of attempts. Now it's not perfect and nor is it pretty but it works, it bounces in the regulator and the regulator has free movement throughout its travel.  Again I'd love to show you a picture but yet again it's failed to upload which is driving me mad.

Anyway I've given it a full wind and left it dial up to see if it gains or loses. Thanks to everyone that has given advice and ideas, it's always appreciated to get it from those with more talent than myself

might be worth mentioning - I had a hairspring that looked fine when off, but when reassembled and under pressure the hairspring touched the previous curve. this was causing the watch to run very fast indeed, the fix was to add a bit more of a curve until the spring looked fine with separated coils.

did you fix the beat error by the way? looking back through the thread the beat error has got worse

Danh,  cheers for the info mate, I have no idea wars going on with my posts they don't seem to be posting in the order I'm writing them anyway, as for this fob watch, ive managed to get it running well, had it running dial up for 16 hours and it was 8 mins slow, now had it in the vertical position for 12 hours and it was 2 mins slow, so I made a small adjustment to the regulated and now it's approx +/-3 mins depending on position, im happy with that result.

As for beat error it's down to 2.6ms done via my eye and adjusting the collet, as I don't know the lift angle im working a bit blind on the timegrapher 

• Like 1