Problem with Lower Jewel Full Plate Waltham

So I attacked this nice old Waltham again today and it works upside down. One of the bottom balance end cap Screws fell out and things just are not right with the bottom jewel and end cap. Any suggestion on how to proceed. I think both Screws have stripped the plate that holds the lower cap jewel and end cap.7ad674e8b7ce9b7557d359036fbc880e.jpg

34161444a37710f70937ce625489b805.jpg7c6c9999c5037163d6d8552e3362d47e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, you talking about the upper plate balance jewel setting? Which is the lower balance jewel set, as the upper set is in the balance cock, so I am confused by your question and your pictures which shows the keyless works.

Based on past experience, also do a very close inspection of the balance staff, and the jewel as a damaged staff can cause the same issue. I had one that looked like something chewed in the lower pinon, and upon further inspection, the jewel was damaged in the I.D. and was causing the issue.

• Like 1

I want to verify that the serial number on the lower plate that is visible is the complete number because I want to look up which model of watch this is?

Then your picture and description I agree is confusing plus the picture itself is very confusing as something isn't right?  So the picture looks like an 18 size full plate watch which would have the lower balance hole jewel fastened to the upper plate. So it looks like a jewel assembly next to the setting parts does not make any sense at all? I've circled my confusion in the attached image.

It looks like somebody has modified this watch for unknown reason it would be nice to see the plates separated.

waltham-m.JPG