Show me your bottom feeder, your cheapest watch that defies all odds :-)

MilTimeCan

Show me your cheap watch, the one that has defied all odds.

The watch you bought years ago, not because it had a brand name, the one you bought just because YOU liked it !

The watch for which, it makes no rational sense that it has survived for so many years and just keeps on ticking. 

In my case, I present the Ferretti quartz, model unknown bought for $10 in 1994 at some sidewalk table in a mall just because I thought it looked nice.

DSCN3839.JPG 

Edited by MilTimeCan
  • Like 1

This is my Ro.... i mean Chinglex everyday watch wearing it 24/7. Basicly it was for free from aliexpress about a year ago. Was looking in the ad like on the picture. But the piece arrived had complete Rolex logo and markings. I was complaining and surprisingly ali paid the whole price back. Im am not proud of this swindle, should have had thrown it away, but at that time i was so excited that it has a steel case and was excellent to learn basic service, regulating, dial and hands painting excercise.  Repainted the dial, relumed the indices and hands and serviced the dg2813 movement. It is loosing around 0.5 sec/day in a months average!!! Steel case and steel bezel. Groove for o-ring under the caseback. Screw down crown with rubber sealing in the crown and in the casetube. 

20161101_081506.jpeg

20160414_091151_NIGHT.jpeg

Edited by szbalogh
  • Like 1

Haha that destruction picture is so ... fake. That wooden hammer would not do much to those steel cased watches :D 

The thing is, i dont care about the manufacturer. I am excited the same way by a chinese crap or by a no value but 150 year old Roskopf or by a LeCoultre. 

• Like 2

This is my Ro.... i mean Chinglex everyday watch wearing it 24/7. Basicly it was for free from aliexpress about a year ago. Was looking in the ad like on the picture. But the piece arrived had complete Rolex logo and markings. I was complaining and surprisingly ali paid the whole price back. Im am not proud of this swindle, should have had thrown it away, but at that time i was so excited that it has a steel case and was excellent to learn basic service, regulating, dial and hands painting excercise.  Repainted the dial, relumed the indices and hands and serviced the dg2813 movement. It is loosing around 0.5 sec/day in a months average!!! Steel case and steel bezel. Groove for o-ring under the caseback. Screw down crown with rubber sealing in the crown and in the casetube. 

20161101_081506.jpeg

20160414_091151_NIGHT.jpeg

Very skillful job. Bravo !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, szbalogh said:

Haha that destruction picture is so ... fake. That wooden hammer would not do much to those steel cased watches :D 

The thing is, i dont care about the manufacturer. I am excited the same way by a chinese crap or by a no value but 150 year old Roskopf or by a LeCoultre. 

That's what I used to do with old Timex watches. There are other photos of steamrollers going over the fake watches but I know how sensitive some of you are.:D

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:40 AM, oldhippy said:

That's what I used to do with old Timex watches.

Some people swear by them, others swear at them! :)This beauty came in a pile of unloved, when I saw this thread, I had to put it on and wear for a day, made in Philippines its a "27" and while it loses a bit of time over 24 hours, it's still tickin', without the lickin'!DSCF0356.JPG

• Like 1

I bought a "Rolex" from a street vendor in Pattaya Beach, Thailand in the early 90's. It cost a LOT of baht, but only about 5 dollars. It actually ran pretty good for a few years. Then one day, the crown (the Rolex one that was glued to the top of the face) fell off. Something tells me that normally doesn't happen to the ones that cost more than $5. I wish I still had it. A little bit of glue and it would be good as new!

42 minutes ago, Aric said:

Then one day, the crown (the Rolex one that was glued to the top of the face) fell off. Something tells me that normally doesn't happen to the ones that cost more than $5. I wish I still had it. A little bit of glue and it would be good as new!

Just some quality control issues....   

Linus once said about the little Christmas tree. 

"It's not a bad little tree, it just needs love. Just like we all do!"

• Like 2

• 7 months later...