Servicing a Seiko 5 7009-3130 Automatic Wrist watch - VIDEOS

Gents, I would like to share the new series of videos I am making, while I service a Seiko 5 7009-3130 automatic watch I just received.

This is Part 1, I am uploading the other p2 parts of the tear down and will link them here soon. Please enjoy!

Edited by GeorgeClarkson
  • Like 7

Uploading part 3 and then part 4, with the final result. The watch was already rebuilt after a proper clean and oiling, and also the stem, which was a bit bent near to the crown, has been straightened. The 4th video shows the final result, but there are still some things missing: new glass and new dial, new pin for the bracelet.

Stay tight!

Edited by GeorgeClarkson
  • Like 1

Lol...neither am I. Learning by doing! I'm on my 3rd watch right now. I'm working on an old BYN right now that is a head scratcher. I too still post everything I work on as well though! That one is under "BYN Teardown and Restore" thread. I'll keep your video handy though. Hope to work on a Seiko 5 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2016 at 4:04 PM, GeorgeClarkson said:

The 4th video shows the final result,

You didn't used a timegrapher at all to verify and regulate the movement? If not, it can be running, but you won' know "how well", even if i keeps good time.