venus 175

Question

2 answers to this question

I just measured the distance between the post holes on the second register and minute register on a 178 dial and it's 16mm.  I believe a 178 & 175 use the same layout for the running seconds and minute register.

• Similar Content

• By MyFavoriteObsession
      I picked the up the 1945 Bulova Cadet as a non-worker on eBay, then I received a parts lot that had a Westfield case and dial. Of course, I had to get a 1940 Westfield Trojan cousin movement for it. 

Unfortunately, I didn't notice til this morning that the replacement Westfield had a curved dial whereas my case had a flat dial and it doesn't fit. Oh well, guess I'll have to buy more watches. 
    • By RJC87
      Hi guys! I have a watch that uses a Ronda 751 quartz movement (see pic). For those unfamiliar, it’s a small tonneau shaped movement - usually a woman’s size (5½ x 6¾ linge and 2.5mm thick) with the following specs:
      Linge Size: 5½ x 6¾, 2.50mm thick
      Hand Size: 120/70
      Stem: 401-1237
      Cell/Battery/Power Source: 379
      Tap Size: 10   I’d like to replace it with a mechanical movement: I started off looking for a direct drop in replacement but it’s proved very difficult. I haven’t found any modern movements with the same dimensions (although to be fair I haven’t had much luck finding a comprehensive listing of modern movements available). As far as the vintage movements go, (from here: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk) the ETA 2480 (http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_2482) is a good example of the vast majority of what’s available— the right dimensions but 1mm too thick. And for a 2.5mm movement, 1mm is a ton.    The Tissot 530 (http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Tissot_530), and Enicar 672/678 (http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Enicar_672) are the 2 that seem closest but they are still a half mil too thick. And worse, even if it fits, where would I even begin looking for one?   Does anyone one have any knowledge of a movement that would work or one I could modify a bit to fit? Or any idea the best place to look??   Thanks in advance for the help and I love the forum!!
    • By Oras
      Can anyone tell me what these cards are?  They are from a watchmakers shop. I bought them just as a record of an era when physical files had to be kept.   Thank you in advance  

• By FL
      I need assistance, please!
      I have a Pierre Cardin dress watch without a battery/cell and has no numerical identification anywhere in, or on the case. The only ID type info is as follows: it says "Jour" on the inside of the case-back. On the movement is says "Le Jour" with no other wording or numbering. The questions are: What battery/cell would this movement use? and, What movement might this be? Replacement movement? I have tried to research this to no avail.

Then, can anyone suggest a replacement movement for a Timex Electric M cell; once again no case numbers. However, the inside of the case-back has "QTO" factory marking stamp. Additionally, on the movement itself it has a "04" at approximately the 7 position and a "126" at approximately the 2 position.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    • By canthus
      Came across this whilst trawling for info.  Seem to have a large selection of decent watch cases,movements etc.  Not used but may be helpful to others searching for that obscure item.  In Italian so you may need a translator app.

http://gioielliboccacci.it/gioielli_boccacci_lista_ricambi_di_orologeria.htm