Strange jumping amplitude Rolex cal.1570

Oyster

Hi everyone !

I got a very strange problem after cleaning the movement 1570, the amplitude are good at 280~300 . 10 min later it drop around 130~170 and then it go back up to 280 again for a while, sometimes it completely stop. I did manually clean the jewel and all the cap jewel, the problem seem remain.Thanks for your time !

Assuming that all of the pivots right the way through from the main spring barrel to the balance are scrupulously clean and correctly lubricated, your main candidates are;

• bent or badly worn pivot
  • damaged teeth
  • damaged jewel

Any one of these (or any combination) anywhere in the train could cause the problem.

I would strip it back down again, inspect all of the jewels and all of the pivots and teeth under good magnification and see if I could spot anything amiss. If not then the only route is to reassemble in stages and check the free running of the train at each stage. If there is a problem with intermittent power loss in the train then it will eventually come to light.

The only other potential cause that I can think of would be a distorted main spring intermittently jamming in the barrel. You also need to check the main spring arbor in the barrel, and in the main plate and bridge pivots for freedom.

• Like 2

Update, I tried everything and inspect every parts, non are damage, but after I remove the calendar driving wheel is run good ! , so I put it back to test, and the watch got amplitude jump again. I noticed that if I tight the screw on the calendar driving wheel it cause this problem.

Is it possible that the wrong screw has been used on the calendar wheel?

Thinking out loud is it possible that too long a screw is projecting too far out the other side of the plate and just impinging on the spokesman of a wheel enough to take power but not stop the train. Then when the spoke clears the screw amplitude is restored until the next spoke.

• Like 1