Mission Impossible Crystal?

So it was originally a glass with a Venetian murrano glass pattern all around the edge? Well you might be able to remove the remaining piece of glass and fit in place an un-ornamented crystal to the watch. I think it's a flat crystal right? so chances are you'd have no trouble cleaning up the out edge with something like alcohol or similar (i strongly recommend removing the movement and dial for this) to get rid of the cement residue, measuring the internal space with a vernier, and ordering a standard 1mm(?) deep glass in that width, to cement in place, preferably with a crystal adhesive. I recommend Seiko crystal adhesive. 

If you wanted it similar to how it was I'm afraid to say you'd have to go speak with some glass blowers, and even then I dont know enough about that to say whether most glassblowers could be expected to do 'murrano' outside of Venice.:wacko:

Edited by Ishima

This might be really obvious. 

But uhh...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murano-Watch-Working-Murano-Glass-Venice-/272346489350

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LADIES-ITALIAN-MURANO-QUARTZ-WATCH-034-VENICE-034-GENUINE-LEATHER-STRAP-/262624234409

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murano-Glass-Venice-Ladies-Watch-18-ct-Gold-Plated-/302027228349

All sold between £10 - £15.

Just buy the same one on ebay, take what you need on it to restore your one. (Or for more easy task, just swap the movement and put it in the almost new case)

Gotta be cheaper than having one made.

Or secondly, these watches aren't that old, surely you could just ask the manufacturer to send you a replacement part.

Though you should be clear what you are asking for, I suspect it's not the watch crystal that's damaged, and that it's a sort of insert that's glued on the case.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.