Pocket Watch Hands

Paul78

Hi all,

I'm looking for an old pocket watch minute hand with square hole fitting, square hole measurement is approx 1.65 to 1.70mm and the length i need is approx 19.0mm. Im happy to buy a pair if need be. Need ot be gold. Ive checked cousins and bought some off ebay, but they only seem to have 1.50mm fitting, and its too small to file.

Can anyone help me out?

I've already checked eBay, i bought a pair but the square hole fit was too small, the mixtures of hands are probably just the same as i can get from cousins which are all round fit hands that don't fit many older pocket watches. I already have some. Thanks

1 hour ago, Paul78 said:

I've already checked eBay, i bought a pair but the square hole fit was too small, the mixtures of hands are probably just the same as i can get from cousins which are all round fit hands that don't fit many older pocket watches. I already have some. Thanks

What I've seen on ebay a few hours ago look like tins of old stock from a watch makers old workshop as if someone is having a clear out.

8 hours ago, Marc said:

Hi Marc, that bottom one looks perfect!! Thank you! I'll pm you, but I insist I give you something for it! thanks again. 

7 hours ago, oldhippy said:

What I've seen on ebay a few hours ago look like tins of old stock from a watch makers old workshop as if someone is having a clear out.

I don't really want to buy boxes of hands that I'm never going to use, it will cost me more than the watch is worth. I've looked closely at some of the photos of these job lots and still only see round fittings. I did buy a pair that looked promising but the hole was just too small. It's a shame suppliers don't stock more variety for pocket watches.