Omega speedmaster pro (861) walkthrough?

deloidtoc

I would love to see a video or photographic walk through of the dissassmbly and assembly of an Omega 861 (Early Speedmaster). I have to restore my personal Speedmaster (given to me new in 1974 by my parents). I have worked on several chronographs in the past but with guidance from books or videos but I would be much more at ease with visual guidance. I looked everywhere for the 861 takedown and couldn't find any detailed work. I also searched for the similar Lemania 1873.

1 hour ago, rogart63 said:

Have a look at Lemania 1873 in the forums walk through section . Same movement. 

Knowing that they were essentially the same movement I had already done a page by page search and a system search for 1873 and all I found was Brian3's interesting post concerning the manufacturing of a part. I repeated the search just now and still come up empty handed.

No walk through of the Omega 861 or Lemania 1873 that I can find. If I am somehow missing the thread would you please offer a link?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, deloidtoc said:

Knowing that they were essentially the same movement I had already done a page by page search and a system search for 1873 and all I found was Brian3's interesting post concerning the manufacturing of a part. I repeated the search just now and still come up empty handed.

No walk through of the Omega 861 or Lemania 1873 that I can find. If I am somehow missing the thread would you please offer a link?

Thanks!

My fault as i didn't read the whole thread.i thought is was a walkthrough? 

As you say i can't see anything about either the 861 or the Lemania

1873?

Have you search the net for Tissot cal 27? Same same but different. 

The only services with pictures i can find is watchguy.co.uk . He has done both Lemania and Omega and Tissot. 

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

Thanks rogart63. I'll start searching today. I'm not highly concerned as I already know where the eccentrics are located and how to adjust the chrono finger and jumper as needed.

A walkthrough is one way to keep me from over reaching and going too fast. I have made mistakes born from overconfidence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deloidtoc said:

Thanks rogart63. I'll start searching today. I'm not highly concerned as I already know where the eccentrics are located and how to adjust the chrono finger and jumper as needed.

A walkthrough is one way to keep me from over reaching and going too fast. I have made mistakes born from overconfidence.

You are not the only one?  It's great that someone done the mistakes before i do them. 

Would be very nice to now how to service a 861 movement. Or a Tissot cal 27 . Have one that runs okay but will certainly need some attention in the future?