Good day from Caserta

Mandisa

I am a second year watchmaking student from South Africa, currently studying in Italy. I joined this forum because I know I have a lot to learn and I am hoping the members will assist me. I studied electronics engineering prior to watchmaking which sparked my interest in the operation of the quartz caliber. At the time I was not aware that the timepiece world is way bigger than the quartz. The first time I touched a mechanical caliber was in my first year of watchmaking. I believe in continuous learning and I am looking forward to hearing from everyone.   

Hello Mandisa,
Welcome to the forum and I am sure this forum will be of help in your pursuits.
If you set up in SA you will get a better supply of Biltong, got a taste for it as a South African colleague of mine made his own drying cabinet and used to make it and bring it into work for me.
Still for now in Italy I suppose there is always Prosciutto [emoji6] - not quite the same!

Cheers,
Vic

• Like 1

Hello and Greetings!

This has truly become a very international forum, it's wonderful. Love to hear more about your school experiences, some pictures would be great! Lucky you to be living in Italy. I've never been, but my wife has, and she loved it. One of her favorite places.