Movement ID/ Parts / Repair Help - Bradley Time Division 7 Jewel - Micky Mouse Watch

notalkrobot

Hi all,

This is my first post so please do feel free to let me know if I'm doing it wrong or how I can post better.

I'm working on a Mickey Mouse watch with a movement marked "Bradley Time Division 7 Jewels / Swiss Unadjusted" and I'm having difficulty figuring out where to begin looking for replacement parts or even finding more information about the movement.

Here are a couple photos:

d3fe131d7d084493bcb03627d087fd95.jpg

f354fb5b6a2509649fdb48cbe4129b5a.jpg

7c601a9f58cbdcd53ddee4564e5dfb3c.jpg

I would like to order a new mainspring and complete balance (or hairspring... As I fudged it removing the collet to reset the roller jewel). I figure I can just measure the mainspring and use an online calculator to figure out what I need if I have to, but I have no idea how to find a generic hairspring to replace the original.

So I guess my questions are:

1.) Can anyone identify the movement so I can try to find part numbers?

2.) If not, what is the best way to find a generic complete balance or hairspring to swap out when I cannot identify the movement or part?

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Hi Notalk.

Your Mickey Mouse watch movement is not one that I immediately recognise, however, a quick Google turns up that Bradley was a division of the Elgin watch company who were the official producers of Mickey Mouse watches for a period in the 70's (I think I have got that right) which may be a starting point.

The problem is that there seems to have been a variety of Swiss movements used.

In you pic it looks as though there is a logo and a number stamped into the base plate below the balance wheel. If you can post a clear pic of those details, or even just read what the number is, it should give us a good chance to identify the maker and calibre.

• Like 1

OK,

the "A" in the arrow mark is for Amida which is the movement maker. 715 is the calibre.

Cousins list balance complete in stock for £15.95 + VAT.

They don't list the mainspring specifically, but if you measure the height, thickness, and if you can, the length but if not the internal diameter of the barrel, and post a picture of the outer end of the spring, someone here will be able to identify the appropriate generic spring for you.

Good luck

• Like 1

OK,

the "A" in the arrow mark is for Amida which is the movement maker. 715 is the calibre.

Cousins list balance complete in stock for £15.95 + VAT.

They don't list the mainspring specifically, but if you measure the height, thickness, and if you can, the length but if not the internal diameter of the barrel, and post a picture of the outer end of the spring, someone here will be able to identify the appropriate generic spring for you.

Good luck

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

• 1 year later...