Omega 4564 Second Wheel

Outlaw

Good evening all,

I am in the middle of repairing my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra which houses an Omega 4564 Quartz movement. The second hand had appeared to have fallen off after I'd dropped the watch but after disassembling the watch it was clear that the second wheel pin had broken.

Here comes the problem. Of course, being Omega I had anticipated getting parts from them would be impossible so I looked a little further and realised that the Omega 4564 uses an ETA E64.111 base. After looking around, I couldn't find anywhere that would sell the second wheel alone so without thinking I decided to order the E64.111 movement complete. The idea was to remove the second wheel from this new E64.111 and use it to replace the broken one on my Omega 4564...

This is where you will all join me in face-palming...and I bet most of you will already know what's coming...

The height is way off. So much so that it doesn't even manage to peer over the minute wheel when assembled. A real rookie mistake. 

Does anybody know know the height of the Omega 4564 second wheel pin? I'm finding it hard to get a precise measurement using the broken pieces. Also, if anybody has one spare (long shot) or knows where I can source one that'd be great!

Has anybody worked on this movement before? I found the reassembly of the train wheel bridge particularly challenging on this one so if anyone has any tips or hacks for that I can remember for the future.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

53 minutes ago, clockboy said:

Thanks Clockboy, this is about as far as I got. I'll have to bite the bullet and get the entire movement from eBay.

Thanks for your help :)

53 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'll have to bite the bullet and get the entire movement from eBay.

That is not the only way. You could also ask an Omega service center for a repair estimate. Also, a new shaft could be turned and replaced to the existing wheel by an experienced watchmaker.