Hi from Los Angeles California

khergert

My name is Kevin.  I grew up in Portland Oregon and Hollywood California.  I live in Los Angeles, and spend time between LA and a town I cannot pronounce 50km northeast of Bangkok Thailand.  I have a few watches and do not fix them.  I have had issues with expensive repairs.  I would explain but I would hate to get banned so soon.

My daily watch is a Seiko SKX007 or a Marathon GSAR.   The Maratac SR-9015L is favored over my Submariner, which I cannot explain.  My newest is a Seiko Zimbe.  None are for sale, which is not allowed here.  Good policy.

I am on Timezone, Rolex forums and others.  I will discuss watches with anyone.  Discussing time required some understanding of physics.  Probably boring.

Mark, your videos are great.  I can talk with Jack, my watch repairman, in detail more than "it doesnt run".  I am beginning to understand in-beat and a few detail I have not mastered.  Someday I will find a master artist to redo my Rolex 1675 dial.  The cracking never bothered me. These things happen with years of daily use.  I felt old when an AD refered to my 1675 as vintage, new in 1983.

I see your crossed a Patreon milestone.  Good for you.

Welcome to our forum, khergert! We have many interesting subjects and discussions you might want to visit. Are you planning to start fixing any watch any time soon? If you do, I bet you'll love it! Let us know how you get on too!

In any case, feel free to ask anything about watches here and one -- or more of our members -- will surely have a good answer for you. On the other hand, we will love to hear from your watch experiences, regardless!

Cheers,

Bob

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the forum.  There are loads of members here with differing levels of    involvement in repairing but everyone is welcome and an understanding of the internal workings of a watch is the first and most useful place to start even if you have no intention of pulling one apart yet.  I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Cheers,

Vic

Hello Kevin . I find lots of people just love watches and never have need to know what's going happening on the inside which is fine but I've always liked the inside more than the outside. The workings of a watch movement are fascinating to me and no matter how ugly a watch looks its real beauty is inside just like a lot of people i know really . So it's good to have you here even if you never try to tinker but just like talk. But I'm sure a problem will occur with a watch and you'll  say to yourself I know how this should be fixed I've seen this in one of Marks videos or someone's had the same problem on the forum and that is when your hooked.

Mick