CONFESSION TIME

TimFitz

I bought a nice new roller table remover to aid in replacing roller jewels.I have some old Ballance wheels with tables attached to try my tool  on. Then I watched a great video by our founder, where he used this tool to remove the table.I was very impressed & confident.

I took the shiny new tool , carefully slid it between the balance wheel & roller table, checked (under magnification) , put the whole thing in a plastic bag (so not to lose ping the table across the room) , then gently squeezed. Nothing happened, so I squeezed a bit harder, still nothing. So instead of using  my brain & watching the video again to see if I had it correct. I gave a mighty roar & squeezed like "Mean Mountain Dean". It popped right off the staff. I patted my self on the back saying "Your The Man".

It's then I noticed the balance staff was cut in " twain " as they say across the pond. What could I possibly done wrong? Perhaps it was a faulty old staff ? So you have two more old Ballance wheels in the box, try again? Ping there goes another one. It doesn't take Alan Einstein "sic" to figure out it must be me, not the tools or staff.

After re-watching the video It dawned on me, I had the tool upside down " (duh) " 

There I confessed & feel much better. You can bet, I won't make that mistake again !

roller.JPG

Edited by TimFitz
error
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:33 PM, TimFitz said:

I bought a nice new roller table remover to aid in replacing roller jewels.I have some old Ballance wheels with tables attached to try my tool  on. Then I watched a great video by our founder, where he used this tool to remove the table.I was very impressed & confident.

I took the shiny new tool , carefully slid it between the balance wheel & roller table, checked (under magnification) , put the whole thing in a plastic bag (so not to lose ping the table across the room) , then gently squeezed. Nothing happened, so I squeezed a bit harder, still nothing. So instead of using  my brain & watching the video again to see if I had it correct. I gave a mighty roar & squeezed like "Mean Mountain Dean". It popped right off the staff. I patted my self on the back saying "Your The Man".

It's then I noticed the balance staff was cut in " twain " as they say across the pond. What could I possibly done wrong? Perhaps it was a faulty old staff ? So you have two more old Ballance wheels in the box, try again? Ping there goes another one. It doesn't take Alan Einstein "sic" to figure out it must be me, not the tools or staff.

After re-watching the video It dawned on me, I had the tool upside down " (duh) " 

There I confessed & feel much better. You can bet, I won't make that mistake again !

roller.JPG

so where is Marks vid using this tool and which way up do you use it then ?

• 2 weeks later...