Cheers mate!

Yesterday was the BIG day, I put together the final parts on my Antima Sport Professional. After doing my first total service on a movement.

I had not a watch cleaning machine, so I had to build that as well...

1471204179263.jpg

It was the same Antima that I have put out a photo of on the forum on the 29 of march, when I introduced myself as a new member.

Antima Before

Antima før.jpg

Antima after

Antima etter.jpg

Thanks to you guys for all help....

No we have to test it and see how i runs over a period of time....

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Pip said:

That looks awesome. As I'm someone who has disassembled and am about to clean my first watch, what would be your two best tips?

Sent from my brain using evolution and electricity.

Thanks for kind words!! My best tips is take lots of photoes, make sketches, keep track ower where the screwes belong, take your time, take a break when tired, have fun, celebrate when done....

Good luck!!

Keep us posted .....

4 hours ago, bobm12 said:

Great job! Congratulations and I bet this is going to be your proudest watchmaking achievement: your first complete restoration!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Many more great moments to come as you go on!

Thanks Bob for the kind words...so very nice of you to say.

7 hours ago, rogart63 said:

That was a really  nice vintage diver. With the same case as  both the Tag Heuer and Candino use. Aswell as my others. 

Thanks Robert!! Yes,  this is the watch I bought in 1977, when I was 14 years old. I paid with my own money..

So now 39 years later, it have now been updated And as good as new....

• Like 1

My best tips is take lots of photoes, make sketches, keep track ower where the screws belong

Thanks. Taken about 100 pics while taking apart. Should have paid more attention to screws. And finding this on the kitchen table two days after disassembly wouldn't be in your top tips then?!! [emoji33]
9d62a5d2ae6e4ce39b7014a551ccf09b.jpg
(Well at least I found it!)

On 8.9.2016 at 10:04 AM, Geo said:

Well done Arkobugg, it looks the business!

Thanks Geo, for you always so encouraging and kind words....

Will see how many years I hold out, now Im on + 3,5 in glasses to see what Im doing. And when its comes to oil the pallet fork, I dont see at all.... he he ...

14 hours ago, Pip said:

Thanks. Taken about 100 pics while taking apart. Should have paid more attention to screws. And finding this on the kitchen table two days after disassembly wouldn't be in your top tips then?!! emoji33.png
9d62a5d2ae6e4ce39b7014a551ccf09b.jpg
(Well at least I found it!)

Is it a ratchet wheel?

7 hours ago, uzii said:

Hello Arkobugg,

congratulations, good job.I also did my first service recently. Likewise, I also don't have the cleaning machine, can you please elaborate more about your home made cleaning machine?

thx, uzi. 

7 hours ago, szbalogh said:

Congratulations for the first and succesfull service! :thumbsu:

I am also asking for more details about the cleaning machine .... and for a lumeshot :)

Thanks both of you for kind words, the lumeshot is comming But I had to take the movment out of the case, to fix the movmeny spacer that hade moved a little around.

About the cleaning maschin, so can you guys go into this link:  http://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/4920-riddle-of-the-day/

But the latest update, that I toke one dimmer switch, that you use to dim light. And wiring as it was a bulb then I can control speed better......

Enjoy....question can be answerd, if you wounder..

Armand

On 8.9.2016 at 9:18 AM, arkobugg said:

Cheers mate!

Yesterday was the BIG day, I put together the final parts on my Antima Sport Professional. After doing my first total service on a movement.

1471204179263.jpg

It was the same Antima that I have put out a photo of on the forum on the 29 of march, when I introduced myself as a new member.

Antima Before

Antima før.jpg

Antima after

Antima etter.jpg

Cheers Mates...

Did some regulation of my Antima during the weekend, and got this result:

What can be said about this? Is this ok or?

Antima.jpg

Hi arkobugg, great job on the refurbishment on this watch, followed with interest and think it looks great, well done.

Your amplitude in the last pic however is very low, you will be having terrible positional errors and fluctuations I would imagine, have a look at your escapement, is the hairspring flat? check end shakes from the barrel arbor to the balance wheel itself, look closely at the balance staff pivots, something is robbing you of amplitude.

Enjoy this detective work, we learn so much every day by doing it, keep up the super work, please keep me informed of your progress.

53 minutes ago, Brian3 said:

Hi arkobugg, great job on the refurbishment on this watch, followed with interest and think it looks great, well done.

Your amplitude in the last pic however is very low, you will be having terrible positional errors and fluctuations I would imagine, have a look at your escapement, is the hairspring flat? check end shakes from the barrel arbor to the balance wheel itself, look closely at the balance staff pivots, something is robbing you of amplitude.

Enjoy this detective work, we learn so much every day by doing it, keep up the super work, please keep me informed of your progress.

Hey Brian,  Yes I can see that is low on this pictures, but I seems to remember that this have been like 230 or 260. I think this watch have higher amplitude when fully wind up. Or should this not have nothing to say? The watch now keeps the time pretty good, it goes like between -7 to + 5 in a average...

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 9/8/2016 at 9:18 AM, arkobugg said:

Cheers mate!

1471204179263.jpg

Antima Before

Antima før.jpg

Antima after

Antima etter.jpg

Is there a threaded spacer ring inside in order to keep the movement steady or is it held in place only with the crown stem?

• Similar Content