The Eta 1100 Movement

The ETA 1100 movement came to my notice a few months ago because it kept cropping up in articles on such brands as Technos, Atlantic and Breitling - all brands which used the movement (along with others, of course) in manufactures in the 1950s. Atlantic might be less well known in the UK because their main market was Poland, but there are some lovely Atlantic watches out there worth looking at. In the classic style, of course, which is what appeals to me.

I took a punt on a Swedish watch brand, called "City", which also used the ETA 1100. It looks rather nice, it was rather cheap, and I'm looking forward to seeing it close up next week.

post-64-0-45562900-1401528966_thumb.jpg

post-64-0-25889700-1401528985_thumb.jpg

Thats nice Will. It reminded me of one of my (many) unfinished projects, a Garrard with an ETA 1120 movement which I had managed to fit into a NOS case from another manufacturer.

post-89-0-94667200-1402142069_thumb.jpg

Although I was quite pleased! The caseback was for an automatic and sported the other makers name, inside and out so after looking at yours and having a fit of inspiration I turned to my recently acquired mini lathe and a mineral glass and heres the result!

post-89-0-76143000-1402142487_thumb.jpg

Now I need to make a new movement ring and give it a service and I may try to blue the screws...... could get messy!! :)

• Like 2