Hello from Norway via the Netherlands

Stian

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a Norwegian living in the Netherlands with my Chinese wife and Canadian son and daughter. So we try to keep it international :)

I've been interested in watches for many years and have been active in buying vintage watches. Just now I also bought the Distance Learning Course from BHI and have started acquiring the tools necessary to do servicing of watches myself. Very excited about that and about this website and the youtube channel. Many thanks to Mark for his work, it's simply fantastic to have such a humble and passionate craftsman share his knowledge like this.

My collection currently includes a LeCoultre Memovox, a Universal Compax, a Ulysse Nardin, an IWC caliber 89, a Rolex Zephyr, an Eberhard Extra-Fort, a Longines mystery dial and a Grand Seiko. I'm in the midst of selling off many of my other watches, after pressure from my wife. Guess some of you might understand that :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and learn from the vast knowledge present here! Again thanks to Mark for his initiative, that cannot be praised enough.

Stian

560786358_tp.jpg

0115.jpg

$T2eC16Z,!ykE9s7t)22nBQU3i0)Ibw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJBcE+N1!PWidBP23Jf6H7Q~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!qoE-ZNZNpn6BPnFUjKt)g~~60_57.JPG

3778959_s140.jpg

lm1.jpg

612097917_o.jpg

2 hours ago, Stian said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a Norwegian living in the Netherlands with my Chinese wife and Canadian son and daughter. So we try to keep it international :)

I've been interested in watches for many years and have been active in buying vintage watches. Just now I also bought the Distance Learning Course from BHI and have started acquiring the tools necessary to do servicing of watches myself. Very excited about that and about this website and the youtube channel. Many thanks to Mark for his work, it's simply fantastic to have such a humble and passionate craftsman share his knowledge like this.

My collection currently includes a LeCoultre Memovox, a Universal Compax, a Ulysse Nardin, an IWC caliber 89, a Rolex Zephyr, an Eberhard Extra-Fort, a Longines mystery dial and a Grand Seiko. I'm in the midst of selling off many of my other watches, after pressure from my wife. Guess some of you might understand that :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and learn from the vast knowledge present here! Again thanks to Mark for his initiative, that cannot be praised enough.

Stian

560786358_tp.jpg

0115.jpg

$T2eC16Z,!ykE9s7t)22nBQU3i0)Ibw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJBcE+N1!PWidBP23Jf6H7Q~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!qoE-ZNZNpn6BPnFUjKt)g~~60_57.JPG

3778959_s140.jpg

lm1.jpg

612097917_o.jpg

Welcome Stian that's an very nice collection of watches you have there. Here is a lot and learn, just ask,  and all are very helpfull always. Im into Seiko divers and chronographs....

DSC_0017.JPG

I see that you have joined the Distance Learning Course from BHI and I wounder what type of course you started with, and what you think about it so far?

Best from Armand from Norway, Moss

Thanks a lot guys, and I'm already benefiting from joining this forum!

1 minute ago, arkobugg said:

Welcome Stian that's an very nice collection of watches you have there. Here is a lot and learn, just ask,  and all are very helpfull always. Im into Seiko divers and chronographs....

DSC_0017.JPG

I see that you have joined the Distance Learning Course from BHI and I wounder what type of course you started with, and what you think about it so far?

Best from Armand from Norway, Moss

Hei Armand,

Artig at det er flere nordmenn her!

That's a nice one, indeed! I have a knack for Seiko's also, and I still have a helmet chronograph that I like but will probably sell. Seiko has had a lot of good designs over the years in my view, and I love my Grand Seiko.

For the DLC, I haven't started it yet, just ordered it. I received confirmation of the order today and will hopefully get the material in a week or two. I've heard a lot of great things about it, so looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted :)

Stian

face.jpg

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Welcome to this very friendly forum. You have a good eye for watches. I've been retired for many years. Do you know I don't have a watch. Plenty of info here for you and yes Marks videos are extremely good. 

Thanks! So what does an old hippy without a watch do on a watch forum then? :)

1 hour ago, Cad101 said:

Welcome Stian that's an impressive collection of watches you have there. I'm sure you'll learn a lot here there's always plenty of people around to help.

Mick

Thanks a lot, and I already saw your very helpful post for my Vulcain Cricket. Much obliged!

Stian

46 minutes ago, Stian said:

Thanks a lot guys, and I'm already benefiting from joining this forum!

Hei Armand,

Artig at det er flere nordmenn her!

That's a nice one, indeed! I have a knack for Seiko's also, and I still have a helmet chronograph that I like but will probably sell. Seiko has had a lot of good designs over the years in my view, and I love my Grand Seiko.

For the DLC, I haven't started it yet, just ordered it. I received confirmation of the order today and will hopefully get the material in a week or two. I've heard a lot of great things about it, so looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted :)

Stian

face.jpg

Hi Stian, yes it good to be Norwegian, nice helmet you have there. I have just bought a dark helmet, that Im waiting for.

Nice of you if you can tell me about the DLC, I have just read forum, asked questions here until now. And that is going ok, im just finished with my first service on an old automat watch in the weekend. And it just started and are running great... so im very pleased.... :)   Snakkes....

1 minute ago, bobm12 said:

Welcome to the forum, Stian! Lots of nice and helpful people around to share and chat!

Cheers,

Bob

Great, looking forward to a lot of good learning and nice watch discussions and pictures!

Stian

RE - "Nice with several Norweigan here . Good luck with BHI course !"

"Howay Morten divint dee that ah wus vary puggled bonny lad" - Come on  Morten don't do that I was very confused my friend :D

Thank heavens for google translate - but it does not do Geordie (dialect from the North East of England) !  Sometimes dialects make it difficult even within the same language. Incidentally thats another thing that is good about this forum - representation from so many different countries, it just brings home the fact that we are all the same really.

Hope the cricket is chirping away happily now Stian.

Cheers,

Vic

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vich said:

RE - "Nice with several Norweigan here . Good luck with BHI course !"

"Howay Morten divint dee that ah wus vary puggled bonny lad" - Come on  Morten don't do that I was very confused my friend :D

Thank heavens for google translate - but it does not do Geordie (dialect from the North East of England) !  Sometimes dialects make it difficult even within the same language. Incidentally thats another thing that is good about this forum - representation from so many different countries, it just brings home the fact that we are all the same really.

Hope the cricket is chirping away happily now Stian.

Cheers,

Vic

The vikings communicates always in the native language Vic!

Morten

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...