Any one know of the UNITAS 34 ?

1 hour ago, bobm12 said:

mmm, I'm sorry if I get a little off topic here but out of curiosity, do you guys think that a Breguet hairspring could be used in the ETA 6498/97...or better, the balance complete?

Thank you advance for allowing this small detour! Just satisfying my curiosity!

Cheers,

Bob

file:///C:/Users/javad/Downloads/balance%20ETA%206497.jpg

balance ETA 6497.jpg

2 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

So link below is for the 231.If you read the remarks on the right-hand side you'll notice a reference that the 231 has a different barrel then the predecessor ones. Unfortunately we really need a decent parts breakdown list for these watches which we don't have.

One of things which I didn't think would be a good method was to look at the mainsprings size and that's not helpful both of them 231 and the 31 have the same mainspring. Just because at the same mainspring doesn't mean they would have to have the same arbor.

Then we get a picture of the front of the watch even though there's no identifying numbers?

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Unitas_231

Thank you for more great info JohnR725

H=6.5MM Is to high and H=4.6MM Is to low the old one is H=5.1mm don't seem to have one  I'm stumpt sir

3 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

So link below is for the 231.If you read the remarks on the right-hand side you'll notice a reference that the 231 has a different barrel then the predecessor ones. Unfortunately we really need a decent parts breakdown list for these watches which we don't have.

One of things which I didn't think would be a good method was to look at the mainsprings size and that's not helpful both of them 231 and the 31 have the same mainspring. Just because at the same mainspring doesn't mean they would have to have the same arbor.

Then we get a picture of the front of the watch even though there's no identifying numbers?

This is the watch 

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

On 9/6/2016 at 6:49 PM, JohnR725 said:

This is the watch 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did you got the tiny bit out?

Btw, if you look to the right of the ranfft listing, you see a bunch of movements in that family. You can buy one of those and stick it in your movement if you struggle to find one of your model.

Check out Jules Borel watch parts database. They have a listing of all the parts and their interchange so in theory, you could buy one of those movements and swap parts.

Edit: I realized JohnR basically said the same thing higher up in the threads. Although Jules Borel is free to use for anyone.

Edited by dieale2