Rolex Timing Mechanism

Hi. Mark, I see you are up and looking over forum. First, really like appreciate quality and effort put into tutorials. In particular just watched three part series on rolex 3135 disassy, cleaning, reassy. My query/concern is for this fine design watch, surprised it appears, based on your tutorial, and my experience on similar women's rolex presidential datejust, there is no separate adjustment between beat and timing. From what I see, only available adjustment is to loosen plate holding balance down, move regulator which contains hairspring stud, then retighten. This can only modify beat, not timing, unless timing itself is adjusted by moving gold ring where upper balance jewel hold down spring is. The arm that moves holds the spring stud, so I fail to see how to adjust timing versus beat on this watch. Have searched internet and your tutorials exhaustively, do not see anything specific to regulating mechanisms on this type rolex. Any help or pointers to information with pictures of mechanisms involved would be greatly appreciated. I included a picture of balance regulator view.Thanks. Bill

IMG_0066.JPG

Hi all and thanks. Peter thanks for detailed information and pix. That explains why I didn't see more standard two arm adjustment on balance regulator, for beat and timing. Since Microstella seems to use self locking screws was probably designed this manner to ensure long term more accurate regulation versus using hook loop to impede hairspring length. Makes sense, just didn't expect it. But more I look at Rolex, least modern generation calibers, less common to rest of industry designs tools and parts have become. With good design and reliability reasons though. Thanks again everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Alex, welcome to the forum.

I had to edit your post since it was a redirection/link to a sales page. Sales and promotions are forbidden in our forum. We do want you to feel at home here so any questions about horology or sharing your experiences on the subject are highly encouraged and appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob