Geo

No sales forum rule.

A number of other watch sites have adopted a minimum post rule before a member can participate in the associated sales forums. It's usually a minimum of 50 posts. I used to wonder at the logic of such a requirement and originally assumed that it was for the protection of the members from predators just wanting a quick sale. I'm not so certain any longer. After mostly lurking on another board for several years and observing the watches being offered for sale by some totally unscrupulous members, perhaps that rule is in place to protect the new members from the old ones. At any rate, I'm totally appreciative of the lack of a sales forum on this site. Bravo!

5 hours ago, Francisdownunder said:

i am new to the forum and grateful to know this, how does it work if your repairing and in need of a perticular hard to find part and some one offers it too you?

That dosn,t constitute commercially benefitting direct/ indirect, nor a sale. You can join this  " pass it on"  program currently practiced between members.

Regards joe

ok 

21 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

That dosn,t constitute commercially benefitting direct/ indirect, nor a sale. You can join this  " pass it on"  program currently practiced between members.

Regards joe

thanks Mate, that suites me down to the ground.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Welcome and enjoy the forum.
    • Hello guys. This is my last project – Seiko 6139-6010 aka Bruce Lee. Watch is from ‘69and it is based on the 6139A movement. Nice shot for the 50th Seiko anniversary of first automatic chronograph development. So please see the pictures below from all restoration proces. It took me 3-4 evenings. The watch came to me as non runner. Crystal was scratchy with many chips. Dial was dirty and dusty with signs of water damages. Hands lost their lume. Day calendar was loosen and didn’t work properly. Movement was complete but very dirty and dry – there weren’t any residues of old oil in the jewels. Somewhere were signs of water flood. I dissasembled movement and I gave it a bath in ultrasonic cleaner then i’ve assembled and oiled movement. Star disk od date wheel was repaird with small amouth of resin glue. Movement had tend to stop sometimes. Inspection showed that the tiny chip on the bottom pivot of the escape wheel. It was hard to see it. After replacment movement ran as a champ. I polished the hands cause there was rust and gave them new lume. Dial was cleaned. I didn’t touch the lume on the hours indexes. I was affraid to screw up it. I think now it is quite good despite the fact that the lume does not glow. Orginal crystal was polished but I decide that in the future I will replace it. Case and caseback got some polish works only with polishing paste, not too much cause I didn’t want to loose the sharpnes of orginal edges – as usual I did it. Bracelet was matted with abrasive wool. Everything was mix up and combined and there is the result. After measurments on timegrapher and adjustment it is a nice timekeeper. An amplitude satisfy me as well. Now I am enjoy to wear it. Please let me know what do you think of this restoration project and about my works on it. I appreciate your comment and your spend time. Cheers folks     VID_20191016_170551.mp4 VID_20191017_195141.mp4
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.
    • Thanks for taking the time to respond. I especially like the see through back.  Wear it in good health.           Best wishes
    • Setting lever screw broke on my Timex 24 movement. I have another working 24 but in need to install the setting lever and new screw which seems somewhat impossible. Is there an easy way to get the lever and screw inserted into the hole?