a BIG hello from Chester

AP1875

Hi guys,  what an amazing hidden gem i have stumbled across! I have been interested in watches for many years but mostly from an aesthetic point of view. I have recently developed an itch that needs scratching in watch repairs, i can't help but to want to take every watch apart and take a look inside!! So i'm so glad i found this place.

I have recently spent a bit of money on some tools and a couple of movements. I'm currently taking a 6497 apart (nice and big haha) and i'm finding it amazing. 

Anyway, i've pledged some money and signed up to Marks course (although i can't actually view any videos??)

Rob.

Hello and a big welcome glad to see you've found us here at WRT the best watch repair forum on the net. You'll learn alot by taking Marks repair course but I don't understand why you can't see the videos.

Welcome Rob from...Bob! :)

You are on your way to a fascinating side of watches, how to put them together...although we all start by taking them all apart!! Oh, well, no matter as long as eventually they tick again. So, let us know of your progress!

In the end, I'm sure you'll get this from future friends/customers (seeing you with "laser" screwdrivers and referring to Mark's training classes)  : "Your master has taught you well, young padawan!" :)

Cheers,

Bob

Hello Rob and welcome,

Good to see that you have decided to support Mark, he has in the past taken some flack because he has decided to help out the lesser informed such as I and the knowledge he has imparted has been beneficial to us all.

if you are taking a movement apart don't forget to take pics before and after each stage as it helps when you put it back together and if you have time to post them it is gratefully received by the members.

cheers,

Vic

4 hours ago, Vich said:

Hello Rob and welcome,

Good to see that you have decided to support Mark, he has in the past taken some flack because he has decided to help out the lesser informed such as I and the knowledge he has imparted has been beneficial to us all.

if you are taking a movement apart don't forget to take pics before and after each stage as it helps when you put it back together and if you have time to post them it is gratefully received by the members.

cheers,

Vic

Why would anyone give someone flack for helping others? What he has done/doing is quite incredible.

And yes i'll be posting some pics, i could really do with some help with the pallet alignment with the escape wheel......

Because some watch repairers think watch repair is for the chosen few and not to be meddled with by us mear mortals. Post your pics oh wait a minute will it upset people if we help naaa who gives a @#$¥. :D

• Like 2