My absence from here

Not that anyone would have or should have noticed, but I completely stopped coming to this site since the beginning of July. I've had lots of projects going on throughout the summer and I feel bad but since I started selling vintage watches and offering services, my journey here on a daily basis has ended....to the point that I forgot about it for a good minute:(  I am aware that no information can be listed here from other sites so all my time has gone into sales and service versus posting tutorials here.  I miss coming here to chat and will hopefully have time soon to reflect back and possibly do a few tutorial/service walkthroughs for everyone.  They do help you guys, correct?  lol

Favorite project this summer was a customer's watch -> 1960's Fortis sporting an ETA2622.  He reported that it didn't work; go figure.  The winding plate was pretty much GONE; the stem chewed through it!  Was very exciting stuff but the re-lume and case restoration were the most exciting!

IMG_20160811_205202011_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160813_013744365_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160814_010841433_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys; will be setting more time aside to get here as much as possible:)

I did my best to convince the man to sell me that Fortis but he wouldn't budge, lol.  That one was a stunner!

@oldhippy I thought of you a few times this summer when working on a few alarm clocks, especially this 8-Day Alarm;)  That's one that took me quite some time to get all the parts for but was worth the extra effort! (some early shots attached)  Okay and the Waterbury too;)  Something about these clocks really got me going!  Next up is a Bulova Travel Alarm and Seth Thomas Mantle Chimer.

IMG_20160614_203715800_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160613_193308151_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160613_193300478_HDR.jpg

Edited by jeffc83