Stubborn stem

Apologies if this has been asked before. What is the best way to separate a stem from a crown? The stem isnt rusted or showing any type of damage but it will not unscrew from the crown. i have tried soaking it in acetone to break any adhesive to no avail. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, vinn3 said:

acetone is not going to penitrate.  try oils.  how are you grabbing the lower part of the stem while trying to turn the crown?  heat is good.  vinn

"Oils" do nothing to Loctite either. Beside, on a threading there is virtually no surface exposed to a chemical agents.

Edited by jdm

7 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

the original  locktight broke down at 250 deg,  F.,  try that.  try penitrating oil.  vinn

What exactly is "penetrating oil"? Any evidence that is effective with Loctite?

15 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

if you have never used penatrating, it;s   difficult to describe.  check the web.

I was really hoping you could provide a brand name or link rather than a vague search invitation. Thanks anyway.

11 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

any search of a library or web is good experience,  it takes years to be a good mechinic.vinn

Thank you again, but being this a practical and friendly forum I personally appreciate more straight and concise answers.

Regarding the years spent as a mechanic I've seen many go by already, When I have the precious occasion to teach I try to go  with the principle above rather than empty condescending statements.

Edited by jdm

7 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

if you were a mechanic you would know what penitrating oil is.  lets end it here.

I find your comment above rude and abusive. You can call me an ignorant, but the way you use words and relate to other members here describes your qualities to anyone reading this, unless the mods will remove it.
At the same time you will need to graduate as mod before you can "end it here".

Edited by jdm

• Geo locked this topic