Water Proofing A Watch

• 4 weeks later...

I have never tried but I  ave thought about it a few times and will one day will experiment on a scrap watch.

My mad cap idea is if its possible to change the pipe and crown for a screw down style, re-fit the glass with waterproof epoxy glue & have a really good seal in the case back it should be waterproof. Worth a punt maybe

Mmm... interesting questions! I would worry about using epoxy glue on a crystal and bezel - perhaps a rubber gasket might be an idea, if you can get one to fit

To be honest, I never use a watch in water - even one marked as waterproof or water-resistant. If I needed one for swimming, diving, etc., I'd buy a specific, sealed and waterproofed movement for the job. That was one of the attractions of the early plastic Swatch watches - great for those beach holidays.

It's actually possible to buy quite cheap watches which are water-resistant - but I admire your "madcap" idea. Have a go! :rock:

• Like 1