Hello from Alberta Canada

94marconi

Hello All. Long time lurker, first time poster. Been hooked on watches for over 7 years now. It started with a sterling silver Eaton pocket watch I bought at a flea market. Cost a small fortune to restore it, but I fell in love. Been hooked on watches ever since. Have acquired Three 18s Walthham pocket watches and an Omega C shape 751 Connie from 1968. My latest was a Victorinox Divemaster 500 in Titanium.Love that watch to death. My daily driver is a Wenger quartz Marlborough promotion watch from the 80's, no loss if it gets hurt...but nicely retro... 

I did something stupid and took apart a Sterling Silver 18s Waltham pocket watch,:( I knew better and the alarm bells were ringing loud and clear. Well I managed to break the pivot off the balance staff trying to put it back together. I felt so bad at my stupidity that I vowed i would learn everything I could about watch repair and servicing, and right the wrong that I did to that 21 Jewel 851 1892 movement.

I have spent the last two years studying and learning from the forums and acquiring the tools to continue the repair of my poor Waltham. I am almost ready to start on the balance staff repair and look forward to some input from the learned members here. Love Marks videos and can't wait for more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2016 at 0:21 AM, 94marconi said:

I felt so bad at my stupidity that I vowed i would learn everything I could about watch repair and servicing, and right the wrong that I did to that 21 Jewel 851 1892 movement.

I have spent the last two years studying and learning from the forums and acquiring the tools to continue the repair of my poor Waltham. I am almost ready to start on the balance staff repair and look forward to some input from the learned members here. Love Marks videos and can't wait for more.

I know this feeling sooooo well.

I am a newb here, and the people on this forum have been so helpful.

Still on what most would call minor stuff on this forum, but moving along...slooooowly...:D 

You can do this 94marconi, you can !