Eterna Matic ETA 2824 Original Yoke ?

Ive got a rather nice Eterna Matic 2002 in for restoration with an original ETA 2824 movement ( high finish ), only issue is the Yoke ( Part #435 ) is snapped and i can not source another from anywhere :(

Ive got the technical documents but im still a bit unsure about interchangability, so my question is.......

Can i use 2824-1/2824-2 yoke ( or all keyless parts ) in place of the broken parts ? ( given the design is different )

Simply put is it possible to update the keyless works to say 2824-2 ? Im hopeful but if not i will be forced to cry man tears :(

Any chance you could post a pick of the yoke as I think I have one in my spares. Ive got plenty from 2824-2 etc but just scraped a few older models with older keyless. if i have one you can have it with pleasure.

Edited by DJT2
spelling

Thanks for the responses guys ( and your generous offer DJT ), i rather stupidly forgot to check my ETA cabinet for spares :unsure:. ( shakes head in disbelief )

Turned out i had one of the older yokes all along in a 2836 service tray, silly of me to presume i didn't have one and not check.

Got me in quite a panic ( ohhhhh noooooooooooo kinda panic  ), but shes all good and ready for finishing , new glass is gonna be a pain to find to fit that inner bezel, but in the mean time i will seek out a new skinny strap.

DSC05796.JPGDSC05797.JPG

Lesson of the day, CHECK your stock first and do not presume lol

MrBeat

26 minutes ago, jdm said:

Looks clean as the day the factory booted it out the door. I'd say, put a classy strap and ready for listing :) 

Oh yeah the movement is now spotless not a scratch or mark in sight. A Hirsh strap is on order and im hoping one of the acrylics im going to be ordering will be a good fit with that inner bezel ( the original has a chunk missing :( )

Timings pretty good too +- 8 seconds, but the stem set & winding now works which is the main thing :thumbsu: