What the ?

This watch looks very ridiculous now, for some reason its tacky bezel plating reminds me of an old man with yellow dyed hairs. As time goes by one can only hope it will be consigned to oblivion. 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I am working on a Waltham 1894, it was in poor shape and so the movement is a bit of a mongrel, hair spring from one train wheel bridge from another and so on. I've gotten it to run sorta ok (best of three mainsprings) Trouble is it runs way too fast like 14 minutes fast. I've gotten it down a but by adjusting the mean time screws but I have it running with the screws all the way out as far as they can go with the regulater all the way slow. So is my only option to attempt finding timing washers? Or is there something wrong with my diagnostics.
    • A GOT THIS K&D TOOL BUT A DO NOT HAVE  THE STAKING K&D PUNCH FOR IT IS A POSSIBLE FOR ME TO USE A STAKING PUNCH FROM MY STAKING TOOL TO REMOVE THE STAFF INSERTED IN THE K&D TOOL?
    • I think that the only thing you would need to be cautious of, is whether or not the adhesive you use could off-gas. I've seen threads on other boards where super glue was never to be used for this very reason.
    • The pictures are showing the M42 movement in your grandfathers original watch.  I actually have one and it's a unique movement since it only advances once per minute so if you had it open and put a new battery in it you need to wait a minute before you hear the sound of the advance of the minute hand.  Timex only made them for two years. Notice it doesn't have a second hand because it's not needed.  You can find more information here on the movement https://17jewels.info/movements/t/timex/timex-m43/  I have attached a couple of pictures of my 1990 Quartz with the M42 movement.
    • I would at least save that walking liberty half dollar out of the case, that's 90% silver.