• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Sorry, can't help you. I wanted these books for a long time and I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be able to identify the movement using them. The books list the movements by size and then have illustrations of the setting lever spring and setting lever to compare with. Unfortunately these books are pretty expensive so I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. @Mark demonstrates them at watchrepairlessons.com (Course 1: "Getting started")
    • Thanks for sharing your thoughts Stuart. I went ahead and bought the 5 spokes version from Cousins based on Marc’s suggestion earlier in this thread. What I’m saving on not going out at weekends has paid for that! Hopefully it will arrive today/tomorrow and I’ll look forward to giving it a go. Will also be a useful tool to add to my slowly growing arsenal. Cheers! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • As Vin says like this for movement work    And like this for lathe work     Photos through the eyepiece are best done with a small inexpensive digital camera hand held.
    • Junghans may be an alternative to check up on Ranfft. I measure the dimensions to 26,5 x 20 mm. I haven’t seen any identifying symbols or numbers so far. If anything shows up during disassembly, I will report back. The brand name on the dial states ”Nidor” but that’s one of those old names, I see from time to time and it doesn’t say much about the movement inside, or what do you think? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • You probably have a broken balance staff as well. Inspect the pivots with a 20x loupe. They should be roughly same length on both sides. May be easier to fit a new wheel than to re-staff it.