Confess! How Do You Do Your Boiled Eggs...?

As you can see, I've got nothing better to do today than be stupid (my dear wife returns from Portugal tomorrow and then it's business as usual...), so here are two questions that sort the men out from the boys:

(1) How do you boil your eggs and (2) When they've boiled, how do open the shells?

I put mine straight from the fridge (don't ask me why my wife keeps them in the fridge because there's no need to) into a pan of cold water and boil from scratch. When the water starts to boil properly, I give them 3.5 minutes - and I use an old quartz chronograph to time them (as you should).

When they're done (never less than two eggs, thank you very much), I slice of the top with one swift, incisive, clean cut of a table knife, resisting the temptation to shout "Banzai!" as I do so.

Brown bread and butter, with a little heap of sea salt on the side, is obligatory...

Edited by WillFly

Who needs eggs when you can have a home brew!

Let's see,  I pretty sure you could substitute the eggs with one of the following:

On Tap....

1. Belgium Single (enkel)

2. German Dunkelweizen

3. Belgium Saison

4. Belgium  Hoppy Saison

5. Belgium Dubbel

In the fermentor:  Belgium Quadrupel

Now I just have to start drinking more  :startle:

Dan B.

Oho Dan - in my garage at the moment are several bottles of Leffe, Chimay and other lovely Belgian beers. And when I come back from France (via Calais) in a month's time, I'll be topping up.

• Like 1