Assistance with replacement movements and batterie

FL

I need assistance, please!icon_question_an.gif

I have a Pierre Cardin dress watch without a battery/cell and has no numerical identification anywhere in, or on the case. The only ID type info is as follows: it says "Jour" on the inside of the case-back. On the movement is says "Le Jour" with no other wording or numbering. The questions are: What battery/cell would this movement use? and, What movement might this be? Replacement movement? I have tried to research this to no avail.

Then, can anyone suggest a replacement movement for a Timex Electric M cell; once again no case numbers. However, the inside of the case-back has "QTO" factory marking stamp. Additionally, on the movement itself it has a "04" at approximately the 7 position and a "126" at approximately the 2 position.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 hours ago, FL said:

I need assistance, please!icon_question_an.gif

I have a Pierre Cardin dress watch without a battery/cell and has no numerical identification anywhere in, or on the case. The only ID type info is as follows: it says "Jour" on the inside of the case-back. On the movement is says "Le Jour" with no other wording or numbering. The questions are: What battery/cell would this movement use? and, What movement might this be? Replacement movement? I have tried to research this to no avail.

Then, can anyone suggest a replacement movement for a Timex Electric M cell; once again no case numbers. However, the inside of the case-back has "QTO" factory marking stamp. Additionally, on the movement itself it has a "04" at approximately the 7 position and a "126" at approximately the 2 position.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Pierre Cardin CB (1).JPGPierre Cardin.JPGTimex Electric CB .JPGTimex Electric CB External.JPGTimex Electric Movemt.JPG
Thanks

I have some photos: The first set are of the Pierre Cardin. The second set are for the Timex Electric. Hope this aids the assistance. One more thing, I have figured out how to remove the stem on the Timex. There is no depression point or screw??? I am afraid to damage the stem by forcing it out. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, ro63rto said:

doesnt it say 390 only on the inside of the Timex caseback?

Hello,

Thank you for responding...I only wished it was.  :(

Unfortunately, that's the cell number someone wrote in it. But it's not a case or caliber number.

20 minutes ago, jdm said:

Being these unbranded movements I would not spend time trying to identify them but just fit the battery that best fits by size. For a quick test you can use any.

Thank you for responding.

I have tried several batteries i.e.: 377, 364, and it had an AG-4 in it. But, the problem is it does not work. The movement wheels do not move (they are not stuck, since they move freely when I manually advance them), and it has failed the pulse test no matter what cell I put in. :pulling-hair-out:

I really don't want to remove the crystal (only method to remove the movement), since it is a vintage piece, and I am afraid to break the domed crystal.

I have heard that these "Le Jour" or Yuma movements are ETAs but not sure which.

4 minutes ago, FL said:

Thank you for responding.

I have tried several batteries i.e.: 377, 364, and it had an AG-4 in it. But, the problem is it does not work. The movement wheels do not move (they are not stuck, since they move freely when I manually advance them), and it has failed the pulse test no matter what cell I put in. 

When you set time you do not use the actual wheel train (that is very reduced on a quartz mov.t). It is still possible that something there is stuck, however it's most likely that coil or circuit have failed.

4 minutes ago, FL said:

I really don't want to remove the crystal (only method to remove the movement), since it is a vintage piece, and I am afraid to break the domed crystal.

I have heard that these "Le Jour" or Yuma movements are ETAs but not sure which.

I'm not expert with all the ETA quartz but this look quite old, maybe you can fit another movement with just the same size, hands and day/date.

Hello,

Thank you for responding...I only wished it was.  [emoji20]

Unfortunately, that's the cell number someone wrote in it. But it's not a case or caliber number.

Sorry, misread your post. That's what happens when I scan while watching TV [emoji20]