Assistance with replacement movements and batterie

Question

I need assistance, please!icon_question_an.gif

I have a Pierre Cardin dress watch without a battery/cell and has no numerical identification anywhere in, or on the case. The only ID type info is as follows: it says "Jour" on the inside of the case-back. On the movement is says "Le Jour" with no other wording or numbering. The questions are: What battery/cell would this movement use? and, What movement might this be? Replacement movement? I have tried to research this to no avail.

Then, can anyone suggest a replacement movement for a Timex Electric M cell; once again no case numbers. However, the inside of the case-back has "QTO" factory marking stamp. Additionally, on the movement itself it has a "04" at approximately the 7 position and a "126" at approximately the 2 position.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, FL said:

I need assistance, please!icon_question_an.gif

I have a Pierre Cardin dress watch without a battery/cell and has no numerical identification anywhere in, or on the case. The only ID type info is as follows: it says "Jour" on the inside of the case-back. On the movement is says "Le Jour" with no other wording or numbering. The questions are: What battery/cell would this movement use? and, What movement might this be? Replacement movement? I have tried to research this to no avail.

Then, can anyone suggest a replacement movement for a Timex Electric M cell; once again no case numbers. However, the inside of the case-back has "QTO" factory marking stamp. Additionally, on the movement itself it has a "04" at approximately the 7 position and a "126" at approximately the 2 position.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Pierre Cardin CB (1).JPGPierre Cardin.JPGTimex Electric CB .JPGTimex Electric CB External.JPGTimex Electric Movemt.JPG
Thanks

I have some photos: The first set are of the Pierre Cardin. The second set are for the Timex Electric. Hope this aids the assistance. One more thing, I have figured out how to remove the stem on the Timex. There is no depression point or screw??? I am afraid to damage the stem by forcing it out. Thanks!

Being these unbranded movements I would not spend time trying to identify them but just fit the battery that best fits by size. For a quick test you can use any.

13 minutes ago, ro63rto said:

doesnt it say 390 only on the inside of the Timex caseback?

Hello,

Thank you for responding...I only wished it was.  :(

Unfortunately, that's the cell number someone wrote in it. But it's not a case or caliber number.

20 minutes ago, jdm said:

Being these unbranded movements I would not spend time trying to identify them but just fit the battery that best fits by size. For a quick test you can use any.

Thank you for responding.

I have tried several batteries i.e.: 377, 364, and it had an AG-4 in it. But, the problem is it does not work. The movement wheels do not move (they are not stuck, since they move freely when I manually advance them), and it has failed the pulse test no matter what cell I put in. :pulling-hair-out:

I really don't want to remove the crystal (only method to remove the movement), since it is a vintage piece, and I am afraid to break the domed crystal.

I have heard that these "Le Jour" or Yuma movements are ETAs but not sure which.

4 minutes ago, FL said:

Thank you for responding.

I have tried several batteries i.e.: 377, 364, and it had an AG-4 in it. But, the problem is it does not work. The movement wheels do not move (they are not stuck, since they move freely when I manually advance them), and it has failed the pulse test no matter what cell I put in. 

When you set time you do not use the actual wheel train (that is very reduced on a quartz mov.t). It is still possible that something there is stuck, however it's most likely that coil or circuit have failed.

4 minutes ago, FL said:

I really don't want to remove the crystal (only method to remove the movement), since it is a vintage piece, and I am afraid to break the domed crystal.

I have heard that these "Le Jour" or Yuma movements are ETAs but not sure which.

I'm not expert with all the ETA quartz but this look quite old, maybe you can fit another movement with just the same size, hands and day/date.

Hello,

Thank you for responding...I only wished it was.  [emoji20]

Unfortunately, that's the cell number someone wrote in it. But it's not a case or caliber number.

Sorry, misread your post. That's what happens when I scan while watching TV [emoji20]

• Similar Content

• By MyFavoriteObsession
      I picked the up the 1945 Bulova Cadet as a non-worker on eBay, then I received a parts lot that had a Westfield case and dial. Of course, I had to get a 1940 Westfield Trojan cousin movement for it. 

Unfortunately, I didn't notice til this morning that the replacement Westfield had a curved dial whereas my case had a flat dial and it doesn't fit. Oh well, guess I'll have to buy more watches. 
    • By RJC87
      Hi guys! I have a watch that uses a Ronda 751 quartz movement (see pic). For those unfamiliar, it’s a small tonneau shaped movement - usually a woman’s size (5½ x 6¾ linge and 2.5mm thick) with the following specs:
      Linge Size: 5½ x 6¾, 2.50mm thick
      Hand Size: 120/70
      Stem: 401-1237
      Cell/Battery/Power Source: 379
      Tap Size: 10   I’d like to replace it with a mechanical movement: I started off looking for a direct drop in replacement but it’s proved very difficult. I haven’t found any modern movements with the same dimensions (although to be fair I haven’t had much luck finding a comprehensive listing of modern movements available). As far as the vintage movements go, (from here: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk) the ETA 2480 (http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_2482) is a good example of the vast majority of what’s available— the right dimensions but 1mm too thick. And for a 2.5mm movement, 1mm is a ton.    The Tissot 530 (http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Tissot_530), and Enicar 672/678 (http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Enicar_672) are the 2 that seem closest but they are still a half mil too thick. And worse, even if it fits, where would I even begin looking for one?   Does anyone one have any knowledge of a movement that would work or one I could modify a bit to fit? Or any idea the best place to look??   Thanks in advance for the help and I love the forum!!
    • By Oras
      Can anyone tell me what these cards are?  They are from a watchmakers shop. I bought them just as a record of an era when physical files had to be kept.   Thank you in advance  

• By toptime810
      Can someone tell me the millimeter distance between the two registers on a Venus 175 movement? I am trying to find out if my movement will fit a Venus 175 dial.
    • By canthus
      Came across this whilst trawling for info.  Seem to have a large selection of decent watch cases,movements etc.  Not used but may be helpful to others searching for that obscure item.  In Italian so you may need a translator app.

http://gioielliboccacci.it/gioielli_boccacci_lista_ricambi_di_orologeria.htm