Seiko 5

024d56a4ea716aab59d860cc135b8976.jpg

I said at the price I wouldn't have one of these as they have no "Hack" and don't have a manual wind facility . I thought for the money I could get something better. Well now I have to "EAT MY WORDS"

A certain retailer was selling these with a 40% discount, so thought I would have one as people seem to hold these in high regard.

These watches are excellently constructed the movement particularly well made, accurate and well regulated and I firmly believe would be worth every penny of the full retail price.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, digginstony said:

Well now I have to "EAT MY WORDS"

hope there was no aftertaste!:D

here is better pic of Seiko 5  "military dial" (24 hour) very similar, gave this to my son for xmas, paid just over a hundy from amazon, at 42mm, way too big for my skinny wrist. You won't be disappointed with your purchase.DSCF0237.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, digginstony said:

A certain retailer was selling these with a 40% discount, so thought I would have one as people seem to hold these in high regard.

These watches are excellently constructed the movement particularly well made, accurate and well regulated and I firmly believe would be worth every penny of the full retail price.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I love my SNK's. I have three of them, and I wear the heck out of them. They are cheap enough that I can bash the bejeezus out of them at work and not feel bad. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dadistic said:

I love my SNK's. I have three of them, and I wear the heck out of them. They are cheap enough that I can bash the bejeezus out of them at work and not feel bad. 

Test of a good design...cheap and tough!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, Tunokies said:

I modified it to look like this. Great little watches. Very pleasing to do dial/hand swaps on.

Where did you get the dial and hands? I love what you did!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. And the matte finish bracelet to go with the case!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobm12 said:

Where did you get the dial and hands? I love what you did!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. And the matte finish bracelet to go with the case!!!

Hi Bob.  Thanks, it's a Sinn 656 style dial and hands, quite a common mod (usually white not orange)

The Dial and hands came from Harold Ng (yobokies) . He is one of forerunners from the Seiko modding scene. Good quality.

He doesn't have a website, just a photobucket site. http://s161.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/?sort=3&page=1 You have a look through, then email him for prices.  It means he's not as easy as some to deal with, but it's worth it.  I'm new on this forum but I guess you can P.M. people. PM me for his e-mail address if you want.  

And yes. The SNK809 can come delivered with either the matching bracelet (which looks nice but is just folded links) or a nylon 2 piece strap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a few pics of a Seiko 5 SNZH59. Quite a nice watch as standard (top left) and after I modified one for someone to resemble a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Dark Knight. It's a nice size and has TiCN coated stainless steel case. Also the standard domed hardlex crystal adds a cool vintage look. A popular base for a few modded watches. 

New Image a.jpg

Its a clasic ,  strong solid case ,good behavior in water(not diving) , cheap and many movement parts, automatic so no need to turn the crown winding everyday.

i agree with you will, the only thing i dont like  its that the accuracy its not like quartz watches and never can be , beside that its a must have mechanical watch everyone can afford.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...