ETA 955.412

Does it quick set ok or does it feel stiff. Is your date wheel locking spring bent too far causing too much friction with the date wheel.

If you've put it all back together exactly as Marks video I cant see why its not working.

Looks like its time to strip down the dial side date workings and check your work I think. And when you do leave the dial off and movement out of the case so you can study the dial ring as it auto changes you might spot the problem. If it changes ok its something to do with the dial have you put the dial washer back in place.

• 4 years later...

Sorry for waking up an old thread. I experienced the same thing with my Tag Heuer wk1211, which uses this movement. Google brought me to this discussion.

Originally, when changing battery, the store suggest me to replace the movement with a new one because he spotted signs of battery leakage. So I agree with him. However, after the change, the date wheel sometimes stuck on certain dates. I took it back to service, but it seemed they cannot fix it.

I wonder if the OP or anyone else have solved the problem?

4 hours ago, keigokanzaki said:

I wonder if the OP or anyone else have solved the problem?

Either give the watch to a reputable repairer that works on quartz (there aren't many, you can try Archer Watches), or replace it, easier said than done since it's discontinued.

There is no clear better cost and inconvenience choice between these two, so good luck. 

14 hours ago, jdm said:

Either give the watch to a reputable repairer that works on quartz (there aren't many, you can try Archer Watches), or replace it, easier said than done since it's discontinued.

There is no clear better cost and inconvenience choice between these two, so good luck. 

Sending the watch across the globe to Archer Watches is sadly almost impossible for me (I lived in South East Asia) :lol:

I think I made up my mind to leave the watch as it is, and start saving for a new watch instead.... probably an Omega.

thanks for your reply, man

1 hour ago, keigokanzaki said:

Sending the watch across the globe to Archer Watches is sadly almost impossible for me (I lived in South East Asia)

You didn't mention you country but for the record I've shipped in and out registered post without any problem from various ones in SE.

If your concern is about customs duties then the best approach is to declare a low value both ways, and save the outgoing shipping papers as "watch sent for repair", when returning the form will say "return from repair", so you will have the correct explanation in case of customs inspection.

21 hours ago, jdm said:

You didn't mention you country but for the record I've shipped in and out registered post without any problem from various ones in SE.

If your concern is about customs duties then the best approach is to declare a low value both ways, and save the outgoing shipping papers as "watch sent for repair", when returning the form will say "return from repair", so you will have the correct explanation in case of customs inspection.

Ah pardon me, I live in Indonesia. From my limited personal experience, it's kinda hard to find an honest reputable watchmaker around here. My previously mentioned Tag was serviced by an authorized service center earlier but to no avail. Since that service center can accept shipped watch but refuse to ship it back (I have to get it myself and we live in different city, plus the pandemic makes more difficult to travel), I'm hesitant to send my watch to them again.

Very well, I will give your advice some thought.

1 hour ago, keigokanzaki said:

I live in Indonesia. From my limited personal experience, it's kinda hard to find an honest reputable watchmaker around here.

I know of at least a member here from a bordering country, if he reads this and is interested he may contact you directly.

Where there's a will there's a way.